Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American General PFD Thoughts

tag
John060675
Valued Contributor

American General PFD Thoughts

Dear forum member,

Sorry for being so active in the amount of posts I have done today, but I am trying to start the New Year off right.  I have a past due amount of $2,700 from an old American General account from 2008.  They have charged off the account, but they still report monthly this way.  It is my assumption that they still own the debt, since they are reporting it still.

I want to send a PFD letter to them, but I was wondering if anyone has had luck doing such with them?  I am thinking of offering 50% to them, but maybe I should go a little less / more.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: American General PFD Thoughts

Bump

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: American General PFD Thoughts

@John060675 wrote:

Bump

How much to offer is basically something you have to decide. While the offer is not a payment in full I would expect them to counter with payment in full since with-in SOL. You should have the full balance available just in case they refuse to accept any offer from you and just decide to take you to court and sue you. Not all creditors/lenders will sue you but you need to be aware that they can and you should be prepared. Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.