cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Honda Finance (active acct) GW Success; No for Chase Auto Finance

tag
believeinkarma

American Honda Finance (active acct) GW Success; No for Chase Auto Finance

Have been a long time visitor of the forums and without these forums, I would've been lost.

This is the 1st time I've sent GW letters..

American Honda Finance - active account for 1.5 years, had (1) 30-day late roughly 6 months into it, made payments on time since

Result: 30 day late was removed causing FICO score to jump a min 20 points

I sent a GW letter late May 2013 to the address on my credit reports. I received a call about 3 weeks later from a rep at AHF wanting to talk to me about my letter. I missed the initial call...and 3 more. We ended up playing phone tag. A few days later, the rep left a VM saying that the 30 day late was removed and changed. Success!

Chase Auto Finance - last active Jan 2009, (4) 30 day lates and (4) 60 day lates, showing as derogatory/negative indicator in my reports even after 4 years

Result: received a canned letter saying that the info was reporting accurately

I sent a GW letter late May 2013 to the address on my credit reports. About a month later, I received a canned letter. I've since sent another letter hoping to get it in the right hands. I didn't specifically say in my letter, but I'm looking to get at least some of the lates changed and even the entire tradeline removed. 

Any tips on how to go about the Chase Auto Finance GW? Has the damage already been done on my FICO scores whereas this tradeline no longer matters?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: American Honda Finance (active acct) GW Success; No for Chase Auto Finance

@believeinkarma wrote:

Have been a long time visitor of the forums and without these forums, I would've been lost.

American Honda Finance - active account for 1.5 years, had (1) 30-day late roughly 6 months into it, made payments on time since

I sent a GW letter late May 2013 to the address on my credit reports. I received a call about 3 weeks later from a rep at AHF wanting to talk to me about my letter. I missed the initial call...and 3 more. We ended up playing phone tag. A few days later, the rep left a VM saying that the 30 day late was removed and changed. Success!

Chase Auto Finance - last active Jan 2009, (4) 30 day lates and (4) 60 day lates, showing as derogatory/negative indicator in my reports even after 4 years

I sent a GW letter late May 2013 to the address on my credit reports. About a month later, I received a canned letter. I've since sent another letter hoping to get it in the right hands. I didn't specifically say in my letter, but I'm looking to get at least some of the lates changed and even the entire tradeline removed. 

Any tips on how to go about the Chase Auto Finance GW? Has the damage already been done on my FICO scores whereas this tradeline no longer matters?

Thanks.

Hi Believeinkarma and welcome to the forums. When was the account from Chase Auto closed? Each late will fall off at 7 yrs from their occurance which will result it to become a positive TL. I had a late from 08/06 on a old auto loan that was 30 days it was removed automatically and my whole TL turned positve. 30 and 60 day lates only affect you score for 2 yrs then start losing their punch. Have you tried e-mailing the CEO of chase auto finance? Best of luck!!!

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 2 of 7
believeinkarma

the chase auto finance account was closed jan 2009. thanks for the heads up on the 2+ years. I'm assuming that means the maximum damage has been done. When I write another letter (I'll keep trying), should I be more specific on what I wanted removed/changed, e.g., ask for 2 of the 60 days removed, all 4 of the lates removed, entire tradeline removed?

Message 3 of 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

You don't want the trade line deleted just send them a GW letter or even call. Explain your situation and see if they can do a GW adjustment for the lates. 

Message 4 of 7
believeinkarma

appreciate the help. it looks like it's been tough for others to convince chase auto to adjust lates, but i'll keep trying, thanks!

Message 5 of 7
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@believeinkarma wrote:

Thanks.

Wow, you cracked the AHF nut! I've been trying to get them to remove some lates from 4 yrs ago (I'll be happy with 1). Can you send me the AHF contact info through PM? Thanks!

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
ChrisRhea1219

Will you please private message me AHF contact information?

Thanks,

Chris

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.