Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU - Not Reporting

tag
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

Amex AU - Not Reporting

My close friend added me to his Amex as an AU. He did this on July 5th. His payment is due by like 28th of the month and his statement cuts he says on the 3rd. I expected it to report sometime after the 3rd but havent seen it. I don't think he has activated the card yet, but it shows me as an AU on the Amex site he logs into.

Any input knowledgeable Amex cardholders?

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex AU - Not Reporting

AmEx can be slow to report...  for me I didn't see the new account for about 45 days.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 5
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

That gives me hope, thanks. This is a close friend who PIF every month with a 35k limit. I'm mainly loving it for util. If it raises my score even 5 points it will be cool as well. I'm REALLY hoping it posts to my reports.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I'm having the same issue. Did yours report? My friend added me at the end of October and it still hasn't reported.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears they're getting pretty picky about who can be an AU and who can't be. You stand a better chance if you share a last name and/or address with the person on the account. I'm not saying that it wont show on your credit report, just don't bank on it (assuming you don't share either of those things with your friend) If you have a family member you can go AU with, that'd be your best bet. Being an AU is to thank for my current scores. BUT, I wasn't put on a brand new card, I was put on a card that was obtained when i was like 4 years old, and it only has a 10K limit. The real points I got were for the bump in average account age I think. 

You may also find that one or two of the credit bureaus allow it and the othe remaining dont. There's one card im AU on and only transunion reports and EX and EQ have not, and it's been a couple months.... if they were going to it probably would have happened by now.

If you want a bump in credit limit check out walmart. I just got their mastercard approved for 1800 with an EX score of 622 and when I activated it i asked for a CLI to 10,000 and they approved me after looking at my TU score of 763. Seems like synchrony is pretty giving if you ask nicely.

Shamsham

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.