Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex AU approved for Amex Card?

tag
drboxing
Established Contributor

Amex AU approved for Amex Card?

Is there anyone who was an AU on an Amex but was actually approved for their own Amex acct? A friend had an Amex 1988 filed BK in 1990 and included the Amex. but today was approved to be an Authorized user on someone's Green card account? Just wondering if they should apply for their own account

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex AU approved for Amex Card?

@drboxing wrote:
Is there anyone who was an AU on an Amex but was actually approved for their own Amex acct? A friend had an Amex 1988 filed BK in 1990 and included the Amex. but today was approved to be an Authorized user on someone's Green card account? Just wondering if they should apply for their own account

Since Amex holds AUs responsible for their charges and are the only ones to do so I would say he is off the BL and could possibly qualify for own card.

Message 2 of 6
drboxing
Established Contributor

Wondering if she should remain an AU for about 1 year then apply for her own

Message 3 of 6
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

That's my plan.  My Mom added me as an AU back in April to her AMEX and I've been working on cleaning up things all year.  In April of next year if my score is where I'm hoping it will be (fingers crossed), I'm going to apply for my own AMEX.

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 4 of 6
sdgd

Hi I thought that Amex did a soft on AM before they would issue out a card. My husband got approved for a Costco Amex and added me to it. I later (1month) went and applied for a delta amex (approved 5K limit) and a BCP (2k limit) and I have like 9 paid baddies and a 650 score. I was denied the month before for the green so being added as an AM on the Costco card helped because all that changed was my navyfed card went from 19% utilization to 8% before being paid off. So I say if your score is decent and the rebuild is strong they should be able to get it.

Message 5 of 6
drboxing
Established Contributor

Thanks for info, gonna stay on as Amex AU for a year then will try for Amex. Thanks again

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.