Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Goodwill

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Goodwill

Has Anybody had any luck with Amex goodwill recently? I only have two 30 day lates on one account and one 30 day late in 2013. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Goodwill

Don't know if anyone has had luck, but it's always worth s shot to try it out. To me the worst that can happens is the situation remains the same.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me know if you try this. I have the same. 2 in 2014 and 2 in 2013, my only lates. Were you thinking of sending a letter?
Message 3 of 4
ohreally7654
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has Anybody had any luck with Amex goodwill recently? I only have two 30 day lates on one account and one 30 day late in 2013. 

I tried back in February to GW a 60 day late with them from two years ago and it was declined unfortunately. However, I will say that I was very impressed with the EO rep that handled the review of my case. She called me directly and talked with me.  She thanked me for my letter and for sharing my story. She actually said that after reading my letter she pled my case to have the lates removed. She called me within 48 hours of having sent my email to the EO office, and after we wrapped up the conversation, she gave me her direct contact information, letting me know that if there was ever anything she could do for me in the future, to reach out. 

Even though it was a 'no', I just felt that she was very genuine and overall have been very impressed with Amex as a company.  2 months after my GW attempt, they approved a new card with them (my old one was closed when I entered CCCS).  Curious to hear if anyone on the board HAS actually been met with GW success.  Best of luck to you, OP, if you do contact the EO and please do report back as to your results!

Started rebuilding 8/2015. Current Fico 8 Scores 9/17: TU FICO: 698 (from 646 3/15/16) | EX FICO: 689 (from 617 3/15/16) | EQ FICO: 670 (from 614 3/15/16). Discover Miles: $10K | Amex PRG | Amex BCE $2K | Amex SPG $2K | Citi Aadvantage $7K | JetBlue Plus MC $3.9K | Walmart MC $3.5K | Marvel MC $5K | NFCU CashRewards $15K | CareCredit $12K | PenFed Amex $9K | USAA Limitless Visa Sig $6K | NFCU goRewards $20K | NFCU Amex $10.4K | NavCheck $13.5K | Blispay $4K | QS $9.5K | Pier 1 $21.1K | RH $20.7K | JCrew $16.8K | Wayfair $4.9K | Pottery Barn $19.5K | Discover IT $4.1K | Nord. Visa Sig $22K | USAA Visa Plat $2.5K | Neiman Marcus $6.4k | Amex Delta Reserve $1k | Saks $15K | VS $2.2K | Target $1K | Macy's $25K | Bloomies Amex $25K| West Elm $12.4K | PP Credit (Comenity) $4.4K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.