Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Optima is still being offered

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Amex Optima is still being offered

Last night I got a call from some third party collections which said that they hold Amex debt but the debt hasn't been sold to them just that they are trying to see if I pay off in settlement or in full. They said that if I do I will be offered an application to apply for Optima with 500 as the limit.

I have been looking everywhere and asked questions to anyone who was offered this card and no one could reply. I even asked Amex Community if they knew about this product and one Amex rep on the forum said it wasn't offered anymore. So I am happy that I got this call. I have asked them to send this in writing. They said they are making a note on the file and Amex should send the app out and if I decide to pif I would have 30 days from the day of me getting to fulfil my obligation. I am happy that I was offered this. I was thinking to pif and hope that they let me apply in future but if the offer comes through my patience will have paid off.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
gibeon
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Optima is still being offered

I would call Amex and verify before PIF. I don't think third parties can offer/promise the Optima Oasis, particularly as Amex reps are saying the program is no longer in effect. (From what I've read, it is no longer a thing they do.)

However, if you do get an official offer from Amex, please let us know. Maybe it is back on?
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 2 of 12
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@gibeon wrote:
I would call Amex and verify before PIF. I don't think third parties can offer/promise the Optima Oasis, particularly as Amex reps are saying the program is no longer in effect. (From what I've read, it is no longer a thing they do.)

However, if you do get an official offer from Amex, please let us know. Maybe it is back on?

Yes absolutely. I told the person to send me the documentation and he said it should take one week. If it doesn't he has given his number along with Amex number. I plan on calling them tonight and checking if this is legit or not. Also will wait for 7 days and see if I get it. Hopefully this is legit and not trying to ding my report.

Message 3 of 12
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

So I called Central Credit Services who apparently hold the debt for Amex. I wanted to confirm that Amex can confirm that name so we had a conference call and Amex confirmed that the debt is held by CCS.

I am going to wait and see if I receive any letter from Amex which invites me to apply for the card in return for full payment or I will call this company once again in 7 days to ask for the status.

If nothing works out, I will just call Global Collections and pay them if I they can take it from me and just get over this.

Message 4 of 12
gibeon
Established Contributor

Thanks for the update!

Sounds like it may be legit!

Good luck!

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 5 of 12
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@darwin_wins wrote:

So I called Central Credit Services who apparently hold the debt for Amex. I wanted to confirm that Amex can confirm that name so we had a conference call and Amex confirmed that the debt is held by CCS.

I am going to wait and see if I receive any letter from Amex which invites me to apply for the card in return for full payment or I will call this company once again in 7 days to ask for the status.

If nothing works out, I will just call Global Collections and pay them if I they can take it from me and just get over this.

I have seen similar posts with similar offers, but they don't happen often.   You may want to search the main Credit Card forum, as well as this forum for information.   IIRC, someone was able to reach out to AMEX's EO to confirm that the CA could make this offer on AMEX's behalf, and AMEX confirmed.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 12
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Thanks I am crossing my fingers that it is legit and I can get back in with Amex
Message 7 of 12
brumijb
Established Member

It is still being offered as of last year.  I PIF and received the Optima for a year and just recently approved and received Gold Delta Amex.  Still have the Optima so you don't have to close it before applying for another card.  It does seem that the one year date is enforced.  So good luck!

Message 8 of 12
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

@brumijb wrote:

It is still being offered as of last year.  I PIF and received the Optima for a year and just recently approved and received Gold Delta Amex.  Still have the Optima so you don't have to close it before applying for another card.  It does seem that the one year date is enforced.  So good luck!

The reason I posted this was, I was looking for this offer and even called Amex collections department, asked on Amex forums and all of them said it is discontinued. I searched all forums and most forums had this info from 2 years ago. So I wasn't sure I would be offered this. That's why when I heard I posted this so it may help anyone else that may be looking for it. 

Message 9 of 12
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Yes, it is still being offered.  I paid my closed Costco card through GC Services ( who was very easy to work with), and last week, I received the AMEX Optima application in the mail. I just mailed it back yesterday.  The limit will be half of your original card limit, with a $49 annual fee.

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.