Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Paid Chargeoff - Dropped off Early

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Paid Chargeoff - Dropped off Early

One of my paid chargeoffs recently disappeared off my credit report. It was scheduled to drop off in 2019. I did receive an Amex Oasis card from them. Anyone know why this majically disappeared? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
brumijb
Established Member

Re: Amex Paid Chargeoff - Dropped off Early

When did you pay it off and how much was it for?  I have read multiple posts that say AMEX will remove the old tradeline early if it is paid off and someone is in the Oasis program.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid off in 2014, it was for $1100. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe something to do with having the Oasis account? I know they will backdate once the old account is paid...

Message 4 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

CRAs dont delete, they exclude negative items of information as required under FCRA 605(a).

Charge-offs have a maximum exclusion date of no later than 7 years plus 180 days from reported DOFD, and the CRAs normally exclude early, at approximately 7 years.

However, a CO could drop from your credit report, not due to exclusion by the CRA, but rather because the creditor chose to voluntarily report its deletion.

They can do that at any time, although the CRAs discourage furnishers from deletion based on payment of the debt, as the CRAs have an interest in credit files retaining complete histories.

You have deltion by the furnisher of the reported information, not early exclusion by the CRA.

The creditor obviously likes you..........

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response. Now I need to remove BofA which is a tough cookie to crack.

Message 6 of 7
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

One of my paid chargeoffs recently disappeared off my credit report. It was scheduled to drop off in 2019. I did receive an Amex Oasis card from them. Anyone know why this majically disappeared? 

There have been many that reported the same experience. It happened to a friend of mine.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.