Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex TL GONE

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Amex TL GONE

I'm not sure how exactly to take this, but the old Amex account is not showing on ANY of the 3 reports pulled through USAA.  Not sure how this is even possible?  She just told me on Monday they would be removing "it".  I was REALLY hoping they would just remove the "Collection" notation and leave the account alone, but it appears they removed the TL all together.

So I just lost 6 years of AAoA.  What is worse?  Collection with 6 years or AAoA or no account notation at all?

How in the heck could it have been removed so fast from all 3 reports? 

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex TL GONE

When a creditor sends a request to add or delete, it really doesn't take the CRAs very long to process it.     And sometimes creditors will just delete a TL rather than removing the negatives/late payments.    

But the good news is that when you finally do get a new AMEX account then you'll gain those years of AAoA back when the new account is backdated....Cat Very Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
omskillet
Regular Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

I'm not sure how exactly to take this, but the old Amex account is not showing on ANY of the 3 reports pulled through USAA.  Not sure how this is even possible?  She just told me on Monday they would be removing "it".  I was REALLY hoping they would just remove the "Collection" notation and leave the account alone, but it appears they removed the TL all together.

So I just lost 6 years of AAoA.  What is worse?  Collection with 6 years or AAoA or no account notation at all?

How in the heck could it have been removed so fast from all 3 reports? 

This is a really good question actually. Hopefully the bucketing experts can chime in cause I think there would be some going on here that would possible drop your score a small amount from possibly being rebucketed but also in time raise your score ceiling by not having the collection. I realize its a 6 year old collection and "probably" isn't hurting your score much via the algorithm...however...a CO is still a CO and is a derog that you really don't want showing on your report.

Edit: For typos

Message 3 of 8
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

The account is 6 years old. The collection was only 3.  So it was going to be sticking around for a while.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is certainly possible this could lower your score.  However, I completely agree with others that it is best gone.  I would rather have a clean report with a slightly lower score myself.  Your ceiling will definitely be higher.

Message 5 of 8
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It is certainly possible this could lower your score.  However, I completely agree with others that it is best gone.  I would rather have a clean report with a slightly lower score myself.  Your ceiling will definitely be higher.

I agree with you very much as well.  Hopefully they will backdate my AU amex, once it arrives.  Don't know, so we'll see.  Then when I'm able to get my own Amex, they can/will backdate that one as well.

Message 6 of 8
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Clean report over dirty old report any day. The CO was holding you back from the possibility of getting a higher score. Without any derogs you'll be able to soar much higher than with it on there. I'm betting that even if you take a ding for lower AAoA that your score will rather quickly go higher than you had when the CO was on. This is where gardening can come in real handy (to rebuild your AAoA). Smiley Happy

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 7 of 8
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@atarvuzdar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Clean report over dirty old report any day. The CO was holding you back from the possibility of getting a higher score. Without any derogs you'll be able to soar much higher than with it on there. I'm betting that even if you take a ding for lower AAoA that your score will rather quickly go higher than you had when the CO was on. This is where gardening can come in real handy (to rebuild your AAoA). Smiley Happy

Great point

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.