Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex authorized user results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex authorized user results

Hey everyone, I believe this is my first post. Even though I've been on this forum for a few years. Just wanted to share what happened when I was added to a Amex, limit 11,300 with 1500 balance.My credit sucks low 400s across the board I track my scores on credit karma (fako) and myfico. I was added to the Amex around the beginning of December 2016 . My profiles just updated during the first week of January 2017. On myfico.com Amex only showed up on experian and I received an 80 point boost. Hopefully the other too will update on there soon. Today I got an alert from credit karma which shows trans and equi. I received 41 and 37 points respectively but along with that I also had a collection account removed and a balance decrease in a chase card on the credit karma alert. What I wanted to point out was that on both credit karma and myfico Amex did it report the primary account users payment history and then put the age of the account at 1 month. The primary user has had the account for over 8 years. So on my profile it appears as if the card was just open. Maybe this is how the big loaners want to fight piggybacking. Because of this my age when from around 5 I believe to 2 and a half years ( not one hundred percent sure on original Age. I will be gardening not opening any cards on 2017 I was also added to a Amex Starwood rewards that hasn't updated yet so I'll post again when it happens. Hope this post helped someone.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex authorized user results

If I'm not mistaken (and I know someone will correct me if I'm wrongSmiley Tongue), I believe that since Amex stopped backdating all together that AUs are treated as if it is a new tradeline.  There is always a tradeoff-better UTI vs. AAoA.  Having your UTI under 10% will help boost your score.  Keep us posted on your progress. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I still got great benefits can't argue 80 points boost. And it brought my utlization down from 80 something percent to around 28 on transunion credit karma fako
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I still got great benefits can't argue 80 points boost. And it brought my utlization down from 80 something percent to around 28 on transunion credit karma fako

Getting your utilization down further will give  your score another boost.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.