Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex goals?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex goals?

Well in September I was sitting on all 3 scores under 500 and now I'm almost at all 3 past 600. In September my goal was to have 600 by December and get one barclay card. Well now I'm here and I have 2 barclay cards with almost all 600's. The next goal is to get Amex Delta. I know they mainly pull EX and I only have 1 open collection on there from over 2 years ago and no lates within the past 9 months. (charged off account in may) which I am GW to get fixed. I’m also attempting to settle that collection so hopefully that will help with the score a lot. Utilization is currently around 30% but as of next week it should be under 10%. What are your recommendations? What can I do to get on the path to joining amex, and what do they look for in a first time card holder? all help is appreciated! Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Upcoming goals

Experience and transunion both up today!! Ex 587 > 602 and tu from 599 > 614
Message 2 of 7
elim
Senior Contributor

are all those accounts new?  and reporting?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are all open in or after July of this year and are all reporting. My utilization is at 30 right now but should drop to under 10 this week
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is also another goal. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do with my reports/current cards to help with approval for discover or amex delta?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any insight?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

While American Express is not inquiry sensitive they are deffinitely going to see all the new accounts.  You are probably better off allowing your accounts to age six months or more before applying for American Express even if you did get approved it would be for a very small SL and would be difficult to grow. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.