Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex issue and advice needed

tag
peepers
Frequent Contributor

Amex issue and advice needed

I have a $600 past due with AMEX set to fall of various reports due to age between 9-13 and 2-14. Because we will be starting the VA loan process early 2014, I called them about paying in full and doing the Oasis program. My past due was never sent to a CA its still within amex in-house collection dept. i was told by a supervisor i am not eligible for Oasis but couldnt explain why.

I know i will need to pay it anyway because of mortgage loan rules. They said they would report PIF once I pay. Plus i fear i have awoken a sleeping beast.

Will paying it now cause it to stay on report longer? In your opinions, should i go ahead and pay showing a PIF ( they wont do delete) or try and ride it out? Im thinking even if it ages off, cant a lender still see it and require I pay? Thanks
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
aot2009
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex issue and advice needed

I have a $600 past due with AMEX set to fall of various reports due to age between 9-13 and 2-14. Because we will be starting the VA loan process early 2014, I called them about paying in full and doing the Oasis program. My past due was never sent to a CA its still within amex in-house collection dept. i was told by a supervisor i am not eligible for Oasis but couldnt explain why.

I know i will need to pay it anyway because of mortgage loan rules. They said they would report PIF once I pay. Plus i fear i have awoken a sleeping beast.

Will paying it now cause it to stay on report longer? In your opinions, should i go ahead and pay showing a PIF ( they wont do delete) or try and ride it out? Im thinking even if it ages off, cant a lender still see it and require I pay? Thanks

>>Will paying it now cause it to stay on report longer?

The DOFD or original date you defaulted cannot by law be changed so paying it in full now should not affect it.

>>Im thinking even if it ages off, cant a lender still see it and require I pay?

Lenders can require you pay before giving you the loan they did that with an old account I had. 

Message 2 of 3
peepers
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex issue and advice needed

thank you!  Yeah, I know I need to pay it for loan purposes.  I am trying to find an exec member email for AMEX to plead being allowed to do Oasis in exchange for PIF however am not finding anything recent searching the forum.  Anyone have any leads??

AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.