Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex teased me like the hot girl in high school + chase recon success

tag
Dstro
Established Member

Amex teased me like the hot girl in high school + chase recon success

So my scores have dramatically increased the last month. I had always admired Amex. I love warren buffet and since I can't afford BH stock, the Amex (or a Coke) is the closest thing that can Make me feel successful like Buffet.

Anyhow, there I am today on the Amex site and as I enter my info into the pre qualified card section and I hit submit, something happens..... It didn't say NO!

It said something along the lines of "we are recommending these cards blah blah blah". But they didn't say no! It was the delta sky miles, BCP, and Platinum Amex with 100k bonus. Because the Amex Platinum is my dream card, and because this screen has never given me the option, I applied..... And yes u guessed it... INSTANT DECLINE! I tried apping for the delta sky miles right after and it did not go through.

WOMP WOMP WOMP!!!

But fear not, I do have a success story today.

I went to chase pre qualified page and as expected, no offers.

Because I'm moving to Texas in 2 weeks, I've been eyeing the Southwest Premier card. I applied for that today and got the decision within 30 days blah blah blah screen. So I called the recon and got a cool dude who basically said "yea you have allot of paid baddies" so let's see what we can do. After a manual review, and answer about why my past baddies became baddies, he overturned my decline to a tentative approval pending a verification from their fraud department.

I gave him my honest excuse about my past baddies and basically just said that I've been with chase for years and have never taken that step up with a chase card. My past baddies were a lack of discipline but as you can see, I've paid off all my baddies, my current credit cards (2 QS 1's ) have never been late. I pay my cards off in full. I am hoping chase can give me a chance to build a credit relationship. So pending verification, it looks like I will have my first chase card and the one I wanted, the SOUTHWEST CARD! I hope this isn't too good to be true. He said I need to call tomorrow at 5am PST to get myself verified. I feel really happy right now.

Oh.. And as far as Amex goes... I called for a recon... And yup.... They recommended a manual recon on the delta sky miles. Yes it's a hard pull, but I will be gardening after tomorrow's verification for the next year or so.

Pinching myself that Chase is for real, and crossings my fingers for an Amex recon.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex teased me like the hot girl in high school + chase recon success

@Dstro wrote:
So my scores have dramatically increased the last month. I had always admired Amex. I love warren buffet and since I can't afford BH stock, the Amex (or a Coke) is the closest thing that can Make me feel successful like Buffet.

Anyhow, there I am today on the Amex site and as I enter my info into the pre qualified card section and I hit submit, something happens..... It didn't say NO!

It said something along the lines of "we are recommending these cards blah blah blah". But they didn't say no! It was the delta sky miles, BCP, and Platinum Amex with 100k bonus. Because the Amex Platinum is my dream card, and because this screen has never given me the option, I applied..... And yes u guessed it... INSTANT DECLINE! I tried apping for the delta sky miles right after and it did not go through.

WOMP WOMP WOMP!!!

But fear not, I do have a success story today.

I went to chase pre qualified page and as expected, no offers.

Because I'm moving to Texas in 2 weeks, I've been eyeing the Southwest Premier card. I applied for that today and got the decision within 30 days blah blah blah screen. So I called the recon and got a cool dude who basically said "yea you have allot of paid baddies" so let's see what we can do. After a manual review, and answer about why my past baddies became baddies, he overturned my decline to a tentative approval pending a verification from their fraud department.

I gave him my honest excuse about my past baddies and basically just said that I've been with chase for years and have never taken that step up with a chase card. My past baddies were a lack of discipline but as you can see, I've paid off all my baddies, my current credit cards (2 QS 1's ) have never been late. I pay my cards off in full. I am hoping chase can give me a chance to build a credit relationship. So pending verification, it looks like I will have my first chase card and the one I wanted, the SOUTHWEST CARD! I hope this isn't too good to be true. He said I need to call tomorrow at 5am PST to get myself verified. I feel really happy right now.

Oh.. And as far as Amex goes... I called for a recon... And yup.... They recommended a manual recon on the delta sky miles. Yes it's a hard pull, but I will be gardening after tomorrow's verification for the next year or so.

Pinching myself that Chase is for real, and crossings my fingers for an Amex recon.

congrats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm always too scared to recon declines.  Maybe I'll finish this bottle of wine and go on an app spree Smiley Tongue Liquid courage!!!

Message 3 of 6
Dstro
Established Member

There is that moment when you know Amex is reading you, and you want to say "no baby, I know it's not the time" but she stairs at you with that side face and bold lettering and you just click away....

She gets me every time!
Message 4 of 6
Dstro
Established Member

Forgive the spelling above... I'll blame it on my excitment and my pre workout!
Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats. Did that final verification go through?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.