Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amount owed

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amount owed

Yes, their reporting as posted appears deficient.  It was reported approx a year and a half ago, and thus would not represent the current balance.

Current balance $935 represents the total debt owed at the time of their last reporting only.  With no recent reporting, it most likely does not reflect today's obligation.

Bad debt/collection $487 could refer to two different things.

They have charged-off the debt, so it could represent the amount they charged-off, which could have been less than the total debt at the time of charge-off, or their charge-off could have occured well prior to when they made their last reporting.  Regardless, it would not be a statement of the total debt.

Or it could reflect the amount of the debt they referred for collection.

You have an aged and confusing report that does not answer the current debt balance.

Any party who reports to a CRA assumes a continuiing obligation to promptly update their reporting so as to maintain its current accuracy.

If the account is closed and delinquent, the full debt balance, whatever it may be as of today, would be their entitled amount to satisfy the debt.

You need an updated repoting or billing from them to determine what they assert the current debt obligation to be.

Message 11 of 13
scanada_82
New Contributor

This was charged off in 2008. My fico is the only thing that shows it as collection. It's a charge off. They quit reporting long ago. In 2012 it was reported because a validation when I found out it was on my report. They didn't do anything but say it was validated
683 fico
Message 12 of 13
scanada_82
New Contributor

The balance can't keep changing if it's been charged off
683 fico
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.