cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An AFNI rep told me this, should i believe him?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

An AFNI rep told me this, should i believe him?

a rep at afni told me that they don't do pfd's. he said however "our policy is not to respond to credit agencies on accounts that have been settled, so if i pay them and then file a dispute against the listing, it will be erased because afni won't respond to the cra's."

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Re: An AFNI rep told me this, should i believe him?

After reading your post and I see that a lot of people have had recent success with AFNI.  But I must stress this fact to you......NEVER EVER beleive what a CA is saying on the phone.  That person has one job, and that is to get money out of you.  So of course I would tell you exactly what you want to hear to get you to pay, is it the "company's policy" to not respond to disputes from CRA....maybe....but I highly doubt that person has any idea.  I would still send a couple PDF's to them, if they dont bite you can pay it and send DV and GW letters, or possibly dispute the account on a whim that dont repsond to it (even though I would never advise someone to dispute accurate info.  The chocie is totally yours, but again never beleive what you are told on the phone, and do some reseach on this forum, and see what others had done successfully with AFNI.  Good luck!

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: An AFNI rep told me this, should i believe him?

I actually had pretty good success with Afni. About a week ago, I sent a GW letter via email to an address I found on the BBB website. Shortly afterwards on the same day, I got a reply telling me they would delete the trade line. However, in hindsight, this was pretty risky since I had zero leverage (I had already paid off the account). So, as diveforfun97 says, definitely get anything they say in writing before you commit, or you risk losing your only bargaining chip aside from pity. Try to find contact information for someone higher than the folks answering the phones, too. In three cases, I got PFDs or GW deletions because I went to someone higher up on the food chain.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.