Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An apparent LVNV success

tag
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

An apparent LVNV success

so. Long story short.. I applied for a mortgage after spending 2 years repairing, and was preapproved..

LVNV immediately placed a collection account on my credit file, listing it as an installment loan from Dec 2011, and it tanked my credit scores...

Fast forward a week or so, no dunning notification on this debt, and my loan officer stated it was too new, and this will kill my deal.

So, I came to the forum, asked some advice for my go-to guys. Got a lot of great suggestions: PFD, file complaings, sue, pay in full and goodwill after, dispute the listing as not accurate as it was listing as an installment loan, lots of optimism peppered with pessimism.

So my plan was going to be multi-tiered. This needed to be gone, or I'd lose my mortgage.. so my first step was going for the gusto, I filed complaints with the FTC, The BBB and the AG of South Carolina stating that they violated the FDCPA by not sending a dunning notification, and the fact the address they lised on my credit report was not valid and my DV attempts were returned to sender.

If this didn't work, my next attempt was to PFD them, offering to pay this debt in full in exchange for deletion, without knowing what it is exactly. Thank you everyone for the contact email addresses, I didn't need them.

If that didn't work, I was going to pay in full, and make good will attempts using my existing relationship with Credit One Bank (they are operated by the same parent company, food for thought) to try to get it removed.

Well, none of the above was needed after the shock and awe complaint attacks. 5 days after I noticed the listing on my credit report, and a mere two days after I filed the complaints, I decided to call LVNV to get my account number and exact amount from them.

Much to my suprise, the account was now closed, and they 'will be removing all reporting to the credit agencies' -- they state they update on the 10th and 20th.

So we will see, but this a good sign for now.. I know they can move it to one of their other 21 entities, but I will take this one...

We'll see what the future holds, I will let ya know!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: An apparent LVNV success

Congrats! I read your post when it first happend. I'm glad it got taken care of. Yeah, BBB works wonders on LVNV (they never sent me a dunning either..I had 2 accts with them).

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! Smiley Happy

I went through h-e-l-l with LVNV. I contacted my state's Attorney General, the SG Attorney General, the FTC, and the BBB. They finally replied to the BBB that my account was closed and my credit reports would be updated with a deletion. They also said they would not sell or transfer the account.

I looked at my reports this morning, and they have been removed. Took a lot of work, a lot of cursing (to myself), but I prevailed. Glad to hear you did too!!!

Message 3 of 29
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

When did you find out it would be deleted and how long did it take to actually fall off?

Thanks!

scott

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

The time from sending a complaint to BBB and having them removed took about two weeks. Actually, they were removed from my credit reports before I was contacted by the BBB. I happened to pull my reports and they were gone early last week, but was notified by the BBB that LVNV was closing the account and removing the tradeline from all credit reporting agencies.

Message 5 of 29
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The time from sending a complaint to BBB and having them removed took about two weeks. Actually, they were removed from my credit reports before I was contacted by the BBB. I happened to pull my reports and they were gone early last week, but was notified by the BBB that LVNV was closing the account and removing the tradeline from all credit reporting agencies.

Yeah. I spoke to someone at Resurgent and they said it will be removed on the 10th. I know my reports show things about 6 days after they change, so I will check later in the week.. I was just curious Smiley Happy I'm impatient. Im in underwriting with a mortgage.. LOL

-scott

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I refuse to speak to anyone connected with Resurgent, that's why I filed all the complaints!! LOL

They (Resurgent) can do a manual update, you just need to get to the right person. It didn't take them that long to put the account on the reports, it shouldn't take them long to remove it, IMO!! LOL Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 29
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I refuse to speak to anyone connected with Resurgent, that's why I filed all the complaints!! LOL

They (Resurgent) can do a manual update, you just need to get to the right person. It didn't take them that long to put the account on the reports, it shouldn't take them long to remove it, IMO!! LOL Smiley Happy

AMEN to that. I actually called them to get information on the account, because I didn't have complete information, just what they listed. I already had slammed them with all the complaints, so I was expecting them to refuse to talk to me about the account.

I was shocked actually at how nice the woman was on the phone. It didn't make me show empathy towards the company, but she was actually quite helpful. She stated that the closed was closed 'at management discretion' and will be removed from my credit reports as soon as they report, which is the 10th and 20th of the month,

I am sure the managment discretion was my complaints.

And I am not nieve, I know the Sherman game, so I am fully expecting this to show up again somewhere down the line, but I am rollin' the dice and thinking it won't show up again until after I close on the mortgage, and then I will pay it haha.

-scott

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wishing you the best!!! That is exactly why I made sure I have it in writing that they will not pursue collection activities (including reinserting), sell or assign this crappy collection.

Hope things go well with your mortgage Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to heart you succeeded. I am beginning the process as well. Sometime in January i think, a TL from LVNV showed up on my CRs with a opening date of 09/11 for an account that is clearly out of SOL and is due to fall off this fall. The amount reported is quite inflated as well. Anyway, I just filed a complaint with the BBB yesterday and hope my story ends as well as yours did. This year, I should have at least five old baddies fall off my reports and I am paying down my UTL to get a nice jump in my score(hopefully).  I was so disappointed to see that pop up when it is so close to falling off. So my question is, if the debt itself is more than seven years old, but the JDB list it as opening more recently, will it stay on for seven more years?? that seems like illegal re-aging to me, or am I not getting that correct?

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.