cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An old judgement from 2006 just showed up on my credit report.. Ideas?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

An old judgement from 2006 just showed up on my credit report.. Ideas?

I had a judgment filed May 2006 by a contractor that did some work on my house after a water pipe burst and paid it April 2007. it was a mixup over the insurance and a portion of it got paid, and I had moved, etc... Anyway, just this week it showed up on my Equifax report in the public records section as a judgment. it shows as "Legal Item", shows a status date of 4/2007 and a date paid of 4/2007, but wondering why it is showing up 4+ years later? My score is actually 2 points higher than it was last July 2010 the last time I got a score... Any ideas? Can certain behavior trigger this sort of update? (I did recently dispute my birthdate with Equifax, they had the wrong birthday. it is fixed and htis judgement shows up at the same time? It also showe dup on my ex wife's credit too, that's how I found out about it)

Since it was filed 5/2006 does this mean it will drop off 5/2013?

Thanks

Steve

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: An old judgement from 2006 just showed up on my credit report.. Ideas?

If you have been doing any credit repair, it could have triggered it.

Someone could have overlooked it for the past 4 years.  It's really hard to say why it is just now showing up.

Yes, since it was file in 5/06 it will be off 05/2013. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.