cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anbody Ever Have Success with Collection Agency Pay for Delete?

tag
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

Anbody Ever Have Success with Collection Agency Pay for Delete?

I have an unpaid collection for $1600 with LJ Ross. A year ago I was successful in disputing it and having it deleted because they didn't confirm. Well it came back and I disputed again and this time they confirmed. Has anybody ever been successful with getting them to delete after paying in full?  I called and they said they couldn't even discuss it until after it's paid. At this point the damage is done and a paid collection is just as bad score wise as a unpaid collection. It's a utility bill from a state I don't even live anymore so I really don't have much incentive to pay if it won't be deleted. I have a mortgage, 2 new cars and plenty of credit cards so I shouldn't be need any new credit any time soon. If I don't pay does the 7 years begin when first reported, Nov 2014?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: Anbody Ever Have Success with Collection Agency Pay for Delete?

Move over to the rebuilding forum and you'll read plenty of successful and just as many unsuccessful PFD experiences. Someone might even have specific experience with your particular CA. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 4
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the tip! I will do that!

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The credit report exclusion period is the same regardless of whether the debt is paid or unpaid.

Exclusion of a colllection is no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the date of your first delinquency on the account with the creditor.  The date of repofrting of the collection is also immaterial.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.