Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angry with Capital One

tag
trentm

Angry with Capital One

Hi,

I am not sure what to do. Capital one charged off my account in 2012. The charges were for about and i'll round up 100.00 for the fun of it. Well somehow my automaticaly bank account link payment got screwed up and I never recevied anything in the mail from them.  I did remember calling about this same problem before and they assured me it was now fixed and everything was fine. I always had it setup to auto pay because i was gone alot. Well something got messed up and it went on for months... turning that less than 100.00 of true charges into over 500.00 in service fee charges. I have contacted captial one and tried to dispute the charges, hired lexington law to help fight and fix my credit, and even tried multiple times myself even goodwill letters....

I had been a customer since 2006 and never had a late payment until 2011 where the autopayment  failed. I always had my account paid off in full.  I PAID THE VERY DAY THE ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED OFF AND I PAID IN FULL.  THEY ADMIT I PAID IT OFF REALLY FAST.

THEY REFUSED TO HELP ME OR REMOVE THE HORRIBLE MARK FROM MY CREDIT REPORT... ITS THE ONLY THING I HAVE KEEP MY SCORE DOWN AND IT LOOKS HORRIBLE.

last month 7/20/2014  I received a letter from CAPITAL ONE SAYING THEY OWE ME OVER 500.00 SINCE 2008 and that I have a credit balance. I thought it was fake but then I contacted capital one and they are telling me that it is confirmed that they owe me 500.00.

I don't know what to do...

I contacted the corporate office and to have someone look into it. They told me that my account was reviewed and they denied my request in fixing my credit report.

They also refused to do there own research.......they are requesting (inconvincing me again) that I FAX THEM my Capital One letter that I got in the mail. The Lady I spoke too in the corporate office are not able to verify or pull up any such letter in my account. If I can't fax them... I can mail them my info...... SHE TRIED TO DO EVERYTHING TO ADVOID THE QUESTIONS I WAS ASKING.. SUCH AS HOW DID THIS COME ABOUT? I NEED A STATEMENT OF ACTIVITY SHOWING WHAT HAPPEND.  Why can't you contact your own DEPARTMENT AND DO YOUR OWN WORK......

I had received this email from eariler in the day....

THIS IS HOW THE ESCHEATMENT TEAM  PROFESSIONALY RESPONDED...

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

This was a credit balance refund check, that was issued to you on 2008 against an account that you had with us at that time.  The check was never cashed, stale dated and the funds transferred to our unclaimed department.  Please provide a scanned, signed copy of the Acknowledgement Ownership Claim Form or mail it to PO Box 31278, Salt Lake City, UT 84131-0278 and we will be glad to claim and reissue for you.

Thank you,

Escheatment Team

HOW DO YOU COMBAT THIS? CAPITAL ONE IS CLEARLY COLD AS CAN BE SO FAR.  THIS ENTIRE THING IS WRONG.

3+ YEARS LATER.. OPPPS WE OWE YOU 500 BUCKS SINCE 2008. WE MADE AN ERROR.. WE WON'T TELL YOU HOW WE FOUND THE ERROR AND WE WON'T PROVIDE YOU WITH ANY DOCUMENTATION.   

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Re: Angry with Capital One

I would dispute it through all:

1-CFPB at www.consumerfinance.gov
2-Your State Attorney General's Office
3-Better Business Bureau at www.bbb.org

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 2 of 3
trentm

Re: Angry with Capital One

CAPITAL ONE OWES ME MORE MONEY THAN WHAT I OWED TO THEM.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.