Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoyed! Continental Credit Fixing My Credit

tag
tyhollin
Valued Member

Annoyed! Continental Credit Fixing My Credit

Has anyone had a similar experience? I started using them 2 months ago. So far I received 2 investigation letters.

- TU 1 judgement deleted,
- EQ 2 judgements deleted.

Pretty exciting right? Except I never received an investigation letter from EX. In fact no dispute was ever opened and they have yet to send a single DV for a couple collection accounts. Continental says the dispute for the judgement was opened but EX has no record. I'm annoyed because I pay by the month. Now I have to wait and pay another 1- 2 months to investigate EX. Seems kind of shady that they probably just never sent out the Experian dispute and now expect me to keep paying them when the 3rd dispute would have practically taken no additional work.

They also tell me the DV letters have to go out later or the CRA's will find a flood of disputes as frivolous and refuse investigation. Not sure if this is true or just what they tell people. 

Should I kick them to the curb and go it alone for the rest?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Annoyed! Continental Credit Fixing My Credit

I have used credit repair services in the past.  I spent money doing this.  I will tell you that you should enlist the support and knowledge of the members of this forum.  And the best part, it is free.  I was able to accomplish more in a few months than the repair companies did in twice the amount of time.  Seriously, save your money.  Do it yourself.  You will be glad you did and you will feel better about it.

That's my opinion.

Message 2 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@ssondubs wrote:

I have used credit repair services in the past.  I spent money doing this.  I will tell you that you should enlist the support and knowledge of the members of this forum.  And the best part, it is free.  I was able to accomplish more in a few months than the repair companies did in twice the amount of time.  Seriously, save your money.  Do it yourself.  You will be glad you did and you will feel better about it.

That's my opinion.

Agree 100% with ssondubs above ^^^

Get rid of the credit repair company. You know they lied to you. Why would you stick with them?

Do your research here for the steps. You will be more effective in your own repair. Plus its free. Plus you learn exactly what to do and not do for the repair process - it will keep you out of future trouble. Good luck.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make this forum your best friend and save your money. It is a long process but soooo worth it. The joy you get when you get something deleted  is the fuel to keep you going. I have waisted soooooooooooo much money and  made my credit even worst when Lexington advised me to stop paying and I did not knowing the effect it would have on my credit. If your up for the fight do it yourself. The money your giving to them can be saved to go towards the debts you have to PFD.

@tyhollin wrote:

Has anyone had a similar experience? I started using them 2 months ago. So far I received 2 investigation letters.

- TU 1 judgement deleted,
- EQ 2 judgements deleted.

Pretty exciting right? Except I never received an investigation letter from EX. In fact no dispute was ever opened and they have yet to send a single DV for a couple collection accounts. Continental says the dispute for the judgement was opened but EX has no record. I'm annoyed because I pay by the month. Now I have to wait and pay another 1- 2 months to investigate EX. Seems kind of shady that they probably just never sent out the Experian dispute and now expect me to keep paying them when the 3rd dispute would have practically taken no additional work.

They also tell me the DV letters have to go out later or the CRA's will find a flood of disputes as frivolous and refuse investigation. Not sure if this is true or just what they tell people. 

Should I kick them to the curb and go it alone for the rest?

Message 4 of 5
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Paying someone to do what you can do for yourself isn't a good idea.
FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.