Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Capital One card or PC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Capital One card or PC?

Thanks to this forum, I have made huge headway this year in rebuilding (THANK YOU), and I'm unsure what to do next.

The Cap1 pre-qualified page has offers for the (regular) Quicksilver and the Venture. This is a long way from January when I could only get a secured card!

I currently have:

Cap1 Platinum Secured ($99 for $200), 4 months old

Cap1 Quicksilver One ($500), 2 months old

Bank of America Secured Cash Rewards ($300), 4 months old

2 baddies (down from 7 thanks to GWs!):

Orchard Bank CO from 2009, ~$500 (paid years ago)

Medical from 2010, ~$1000 (paid years ago)

Current util is 35% because Comcast hit my QS1 on my statement date -- whoops. $0 bal on the other two, never carried a balance. I know it should be <10% on 1 card.

FICOs: 615/620/616

I am itchy to pull the trigger and get the pre-qualified Venture. But should I try to PC my QS1 instead of a third app? Not crazy about the HPs, but tired of toy limits. I charge up my QS1 and PIF 4x a month. I have tried requesting CLI from Cap1 but denied, on the basis of the account being too new.

TIA for any advice.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

Re: Another Capital One card or PC?

I would go for the venture if your scores are at least 660. Minimum approval is 5k on the regular venture card.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't the Cap1 pre-qual site pretty reliable? It says I'm pre-approved for the Venture. (It was accurate before when I was pre-approved for the QS1.)

Message 3 of 10
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

It does tend to be pretty surefire. They've been giving the Venture out pretty easily. It's worth a shot. You can actually app for both on the same hard pull. Just apply for the QS Visa immediately after you app for the venture. As long as it's within a few minutes it should use the same pull for both.
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: HOLY BATMAN! Approved for $10k on Venture AND $5k on Quicksilver. I'm in shock.

Mind you, just yesterday, they denied me a CLI on my $500 QS1...

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Wow, am I tempted now.

You did very well there.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to app for one too. Congrats!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that is amazing, esp with your scores that low! Congratulations!!!🎉🎉
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

In my wallet: Venture 15k; Barclay Ring 12.5k; Discover 10k; CareCredit 7.7k; Amazon Store Card 5k. QS 5k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BofA Travel Rewards 3.5k; BofA Platinum Visa 2k; Barclay Apple Rewards 2k. Total Credit: 66,200. 7/2-FICO: EQ - 788; TU - 777; EX - 690; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 7 TU: 7; EX 7; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: HOLY BATMAN! Approved for $10k on Venture AND $5k on Quicksilver. I'm in shock.

Mind you, just yesterday, they denied me a CLI on my $500 QS1...

Yeah, they pretty much will not even consider a CLI until the third statement.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.