Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Credit Card

Hello All,
I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit! I started in September scores were Ex 504 Tran501 Ex 500😞 My scores are now Ex 665 Tran 669 Ex 662😉. The company that's helping me to rebuild told me I need (1) more card that will help increase my credit. I'm so afraid of inquiries. But I don't have any on my Ex Tran 9 Ex6. What card can I apply for? I still have a few negatives.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Credit Card

What cards do you have now and what's your overall utilization? If you have less than 5 new accounts, your right on the line of what I've see people post for chase freedom. If you want a near guarantee then try the cap1 discover chase amex prequal sites to see what each says then search myfico to see if the results are what others had when they were approved. By the way congrats on the score increases!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One and MCU from my credit union the utilization is 15% (both cards). Captain One denied me because I had no contact number on my credit😞(Corrected that). I'm going to try Discover and Capital One again. Thank you so much this company has help me a lot. Will the inquiries affect me(the ones I have)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubt the inquiries will affect you since you're looking for just one card. Do your research, try to make it a soft pull request. if not, app for a card that traditionally has been known to hard pull from the reporting agency you consider your best. Also, the credit card portion of this forum will tell you more than you will ever want to know about the ends and outs of each lender and card brand. I've lost an hour or two reading posts in that section just randomly reading.
Message 4 of 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Personally, I would bring your utilization down to 0 on one card and less than 9% on the other, let that report and go for a better card than Cap 1.  I think you are very very close for Amex and if you bump your score a few points you will have a good chance at a card that will grow with you.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.