Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Credit Rebuild Tale - With a Twist

tag
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Re: Another Credit Rebuild Tale - With a Twist

Amazing news! First, my probation ends this month. No more monthly reporting (though it wasn't a bother). But even more important: I am attending Fall classes full-time!

I had appealed for additional finacial aid & though it seemed unlikely to be granted, I was approved for one semester of aid (more loans, lol!). I got the news just one day before my tuiition was due. So I accepted the award & added three more classes to my schedule. Now I am just a bit worried about when & where I can find a quiet place to study; I'm still in the shelter (not a quiet place, lol) and the loan only covers tuition & books (not housing). The bus ride to school is 1.15 hours each way so that will be some time for reading I guess. Maybe I can spend more time in the library. Not many things worthwhile are easy I suppose, lol!

Just wanted to share the positve news.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 21 of 30
RickyRay
New Contributor

Yes, Good news for you. Its awsome that your making the most out of your situation, I hope that you are also getting the pelgrants to. What are you taking in school?     

Good LUCK and God Bless. Keep us posted ok.

Well I don't have a logo, so I will just use @#@
Message 22 of 30
RickyRay
New Contributor

Just Thinking......what do you mean by addict? LOL CREDIT ADDICT?  Or just a plastic addict? HAHA! I never was in to drugs, I have drank alcohol....but never addict with it. I am a smoker, and I love to eat. If you call that a addict, then ok I am a tobacco addict and food aholic. I had just started smoking about 4 years ago, But switching to the electric one.

Message 23 of 30
RickyRay
New Contributor

Was replying to previous post from the other folks.

Message 24 of 30
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

@RickyRay wrote:

Yes, Good news for you. Its awsome that your making the most out of your situation, I hope that you are also getting the pelgrants to. What are you taking in school?     

Good LUCK and God Bless. Keep us posted ok.

Thanks RickyRay! I'm trying my best (well, maybe 80% of my best -- I need time for fun & licking my wounds, lol).

Seriously, though, I am taking English Literature Writing Track (technical writing, ect). I am also minoring in Psychology (but may change it to Sociology; I've taken equal amount of courses in both minor areas). Unfortunately, I no longer qualify for state or federal grants (used up!).

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 25 of 30
RickyRay
New Contributor

That is fantastic!  I wish you all the best. Hang in there. GOOD LUCK! and GOD BLESS.

Message 26 of 30
sjt
Senior Contributor

Thanks you guys for sharing your story. It's truly inspirational and empowering.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 27 of 30
elim
Senior Contributor

Congrats. I bucked up 3 years ago and will pay the price of kicking my own Axx for "years to come" I'm sure. Hang in there.... more hurdles to follow   Smiley Happy

oh yeah.... "records can be expunged"   add it to the list and keep moving forward. Forgive others, forgive yourself and ask others to forgive you and never, ever, miss a payment. lol, best of luck to everyone, who like us, has painted themselves in a corner in life.

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hang in there mhan! And thanks a ton for sharing your story. Such an encourgement for everyone redeeming themselves and their credit.

When I hit rock bottom (doesn't come close, compared to you), the first thing I did was delete all my social media accounts; facebook, instagram, etc. My peers tend to portray themselves as living lavishly and everything is just bubbly under the sun. That can definitely get you and discourage you in many ways.

I then buried my face in countless personal development, motivational, self-help how-to books; gritted my teeth and proimsed myself that I will dig myself out in one piece. 

Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, thanks for sharing your story. I wish the best for you from here on out. Congratulations on all your great progress!

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.