Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another GW Success!!!! USA Funds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another GW Success!!!! USA Funds

Dear CaliSunshine,

Thank you for your email inquiry dated November 3, 2011, addressed to Mr. Carl Dalstrom, President & CEO, United Student Aid Funds, Inc. (USA Funds), regarding your request to update your credit record.   While the default notation reported by USA Funds to the credit bureaus is in accordance with federal law, and may remain on your account for seven years from the date the claim was paid. USA Funds will agree to remove the USA Funds’ defaulted-loan tradelines.  Generally, this process takes 24-48 hours to complete. Please bear in mind that USA Funds has no authority to mandate the retraction of prior credit reporting data made by any previous loan holders.  Although Citibank may no longer hold your federal student loans, their credit history may remain on your credit report for seven years from the date your loans were purchased in order to reflect your payment history to future creditors. If you have further concerns or questions, please contact me at XXXX.  I hope this matter satisfactorily addresses your concerns and we appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to assist you. Sincerely, Ombudsman USA Funds

Thanks to this forums advice I am well on my way!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to receive my Scorewatch notice! They are removing 7 accounts! Started @ 22 baddies (all paid), now im down to 12, with 8 falling off in January 2012!

EQ: 617 (lender pulled 10/20/11)

EXP: 628 (lender pulled 10/20/11)

TU: 693 (lender pulled 10/20/11)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
juleslanr
Established Member

Re: Another GW Success!!!! USA Funds

I would be eternally grateful to know what you sent them!! And any contact info you had!!! Oh my goodness I would LOVE to get them to remove my lates from 2007!!!

Message 2 of 4
xosamandaxo
Regular Contributor

Please send or post the contact info! (and what you said). I planned on sending a letter to their regular mailing address, but I'd love to email who you spoke with Smiley Happy.

Great job!

Message 3 of 4
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.