cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another GW success - 4 of 5 baddies gone! And THANK YOU!

tag
Halliep
Valued Member

Another GW success - 4 of 5 baddies gone! And THANK YOU!

I cannot thank this forum enough!!!!  I got a score alert today and checked my reports, and see that my credit union auto loan that showed 30 days late (long story, but it was a loan I took out for an ex, and he made a late payment) is no longer showing the late!  I sent another GW letter (my third, I think) and it WORKED!

I'm down to just one "Baddie" account - my student loan which shows some late payments (some 120 days) that are all 2-4+ years old.  I've been striking out big-time on my GWs with them.

But in the past 9 months, I've managed to get GW deletions on ALL of my other baddies - two collections, one paid furniture/credit account showing collections and several 120+ late payments, and now this one 30-day late at the credit union.

I'm stoked.  And my EQ has now risen to 753!!!!  It was the lowest of my scores , so I'm feeling hopeful that my other two are over 760.  I checked my EX FAKO today and it's 768 but I know that doesn't mean anything.

I am SO tempted to do a three-score check!  But since TU can be slow to update, I know I should wait........

Thank you again for all the good advice I have found on this forum.  My score is up 82 points since last April (it was 671 first time I checked).  You guys rock and I could not have accomplished this without all the wisdom I've read here.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Another GW success - 4 of 5 baddies gone! And THANK YOU!

Congrats to you that's AWESOME!!
Message 2 of 5
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

That's great!!! I wish I was having that kind of luck with GW. Mine either get rejected or ignored completely Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 5
Determined_Home_Seeker
Established Member

Awesome! I got 3 deleted with pay to delete, getting ready to send out GW letters. Did you use a pre formatted letter or write your own?

Starting Score: 566 (mf) 572 (ck) 588 (exp) on 1/10/14
Current Score: 609 (mf), 598 (ck) 658 (exp)
Short Term Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Good work.

As for GW letters, you definitely want to write your own. Personalize it--that's what it's all about.

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.