cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another GW success (HSBC x 2) and a question...

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Another GW success (HSBC x 2) and a question...

I just checked my CRAs through USAA today and saw that HSBC had changed the reporting from 90 days late to "pays as agreed", so I pulled EX and EQ to find that, sure enough, all of the late notations from '07-'08 were removed!  There were 6 ranging from 30-90 days.  I had 2 accounts with them and both are no longer "baddies". Merry Christmas to me!  I also received a letter from JCP (I had already seen they had removed the lates), but it was very nice, even though it was a form letter. Made me want to continue doing business with them.  

I also noted that my mortgage (Select Portfolio Servicing) that I GWed and received a "we're forwarding this to a different office" letter had removed the notations regarding the foreclosure having been started, but they left all the lates in place, there are 7 in the 60-120 day range.  Am I just out of luck with them?  If they were going to remove those, they would have done it all at the same time, yes?

With all this, FAKOs didn't move, haven't gotten a FICO update as of yet, so don't know if it's helping my actual score any.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another GW success (HSBC x 2) and a question...

That's fantastic!!!  Congrats!!!  A very merry Christmas to you indeed! 

How did you send your goodwill requests to HSBC?  I have two paid charge off's that I want to goodwill.  I have a mailing address that I'm going to start with. 

Message 2 of 6
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

I just used the address on the credit report, a PO Box.  I sent them regular mail, just a stamp.  It was a month ago, though, so I thought I was out of luck until this morning.  

I still have a long haul, but so far, 2 out of 4 GWs worked the first time out, 1 partially worked (still need to figure out the rest of the Select Portfolio thing...)

Message 3 of 6
huck1081
Regular Contributor

Are the HSBC accts currently open or closed? I have a closed one that I need to GW, and I'm hoping they are in a good holiday spirit!

Starting: EQ 501 TU 514 EX 533 (12/2014)
Current: EQ 613 TU 625 EX 615 (4/1/2016) Goal: 640 and a new home loan
Message 4 of 6
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Mine were closed.  Delinquencies happened in 2008, we went with a credit counseling agency and paid them off this past summer, but the lates were still sitting there.  

Message 5 of 6
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

Can I have a copy of your goodwill letter? I have a few lates I would like to get rid of.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.