Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Goodwill letter to a CA...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Goodwill letter to a CA...

I sent a goodwill letter to a CA for a cel phone bill that went into collections. I will let you know how it turns out (all of you cross your fingers)!!! Here is a sample below for anyone interested:

[Collection Agency]

[Street Address]

[City, State Zip]

Re: Account XXXXXXXX

Dear Sir or Mam,

My purpose for writing this letter today is for several reasons. The first is to thank [collection agency] for the level of professionalism extended to me despite the circumstance of this relationship.

I understand that there is a balance on my account, and I am more than willing to pay. I am also requesting, however, once the payment is made in full, the account be closed and no longer reported to Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian.

Recently, I have begun a quest for an auto loan, and it has come to my attention that having this account reported as derogatory greatly affects my chances of obtaining a more desirable interest rate. Although the information is accurate, my history does not reflect my current ability to pay my balances on time.

Again, I am willing to pay the account in full and any written correspondence (a statement or bill) sent to my attention will be followed up with a payment to close the account. Once the payment is accepted, I am requesting your consideration into having the derogatory information removed so I may have a second chance at a positive credit rating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I understand that any correspondence and assistance you give me would be out of your kindness and good will.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to affect to your decision and please also to contact me by phone or email if need be.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

[signed by me]

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Goodwill letter to a CA... IT WORKED!

It worked!!!

I was contacted by the CA today and paid my balance (a measly $135.83). Worth paying, IMO, to have the information removed from my credit report!! It's almost too easy how fixing your credit report is. A lot of work, but easy work. Here is their response:

"This letter is to acknowledge payment in full for the ablove referenced account. Please be advised, due to the circumstances concerning your account, we have sent a request to the credit bureas; Experian & Transunion instructing them to delete the account information from your credit profile.

If you should need further assistance, please contact the undersigned. Should a creditor need further confirmation of the paid status of your account, please do not hesitate to contact our office."

One down, two to go! I am waiting for a response from another CA (account was paid in full some time ago), and a response from my CU to delete two late payments made in 2008 and 2009.

In other news, my fako experian score jumped today from 637 to 650. My util was at 30% last month, and 10% this month which might have to do with the increase. I can't wait to see what happens when this account is removed.

These forums are such an EXCELLENT source of information for people rebuilding their credit. I don't have enough good things to say about all the stuff I have learned and awesome advice I've received. =)

Message 2 of 3
MICHELLEAHARTWELL
Established Member

Re: Another Goodwill letter to a CA... IT WORKED!

Congrats on your success!!! And thank you for your sample letter...well writtenSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 705 TU AND EQ
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.