Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another LVNV success

tag
novabama
Frequent Contributor

Re: Another LVNV success

I've only got one account I can really get at the moment. I hope they will, it's a small company! And I paid through the oc. At any rate I understand where youre coming from! Just dont give up! Like I said, maye try fax and email and just keep sending. Not much to lose except some stamps. Heck since its already paid you might even try to call them. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, eventually you'll find Nemo! That is what comes to mind when I get down or overwhelmed haha. Lack. Of. Sleep.
Message 41 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

@novabama wrote:
I've only got one account I can really get at the moment. I hope they will, it's a small company! And I paid through the oc. At any rate I understand where youre coming from! Just dont give up! Like I said, maye try fax and email and just keep sending. Not much to lose except some stamps. Heck since its already paid you might even try to call them. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, eventually you'll find Nemo! That is what comes to mind when I get down or overwhelmed haha. Lack. Of. Sleep.

Completely understand! lol

Thanks for the encouragement! Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 65
Mortgage_Quest
Valued Member

Congrats on your success can you please PM with the info as well...Thanks!

Message 43 of 65
NotIT

Congrats... could you send me a pm with the letter(s) you sent?  I'm in the same boat.

Thank you!

Starting Score: 7/27/12 TU 622 / EQ 584 / EX 642
Current Score: TU 10/22/12 609 / EQ 695 / EX 658
Goal Score: 713 All 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 65
igids1
Regular Contributor

For those who have LVNV removed via BBB complaints, have you received any dunning letter from any other places afterwards?

Message 45 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please PM me with exactly how you worded your complaint!

Thankd

Message 46 of 65
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

Pm me too ?? :/Smiley Happy

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 47 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Wreith, can you send me a PM too with the specific wording in your BBB letter. I sent a BBB complaint on 2/22/2013, received their response today 3/6/2013 stating they own the debt and Resurgent provided Capital One statements from July, Aug, Sept 2006 and May 2007 to Jan 2008 but NO contract, dunning letter or LVNV statements from the time they claim to have purchased this debt on Feb 28, 2008. Capital One charged off account on Feb 5,  2008.

I was very clear in my original BBB complaint stating that LVNV was inaccurately and illegally reporting on my credit report. I said they failed to provide legal verification or a dunning letter. I continued with I am looking for proof this debt is mine and will require a copy of the original contract under which the credit account was obtained, as well as monthly statements since the debt was purchased itemized with the interest, payments, credits, fees and/or permissible charges.

I would greatly appreciate any additional information you can provide me. Thank you so much! Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 65
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Wreith, can you send me a PM too with the specific wording in your BBB letter. I sent a BBB complaint on 2/22/2013, received their response today 3/6/2013 stating they own the debt and Resurgent provided Capital One statements from July, Aug, Sept 2006 and May 2007 to Jan 2008 but NO contract, dunning letter or LVNV statements from the time they claim to have purchased this debt on Feb 28, 2008. Capital One charged off account on Feb 5,  2008.

I was very clear in my original BBB complaint stating that LVNV was inaccurately and illegally reporting on my credit report. I said they failed to provide legal verification or a dunning letter. I continued with I am looking for proof this debt is mine and will require a copy of the original contract under which the credit account was obtained, as well as monthly statements since the debt was purchased itemized with the interest, payments, credits, fees and/or permissible charges.

I would greatly appreciate any additional information you can provide me. Thank you so much! Smiley Happy

I'm a little confused.  Did you find LVNV on your CR?  That would have been the time to send a DV letter since there is no violation in them reporting before they send one.  Once one is sent they are barred from collection activity until they do respond.  However, unless you live in TX, they are not required to respond. 

A debt validation on their part only requires them to state how much is owed and who is collecting.  If you ask for the name of the OC and their address they have to give you that.  That is about it.  No contracts, no statements, no proof they can collect etc, is required.

Message 49 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guiness56, yes I just discovered 2 TL's from LVNV on my CR's last month. I decided to have LVNV validate the debt through the BBB. They are listing themselves as a factoring company and not a CA and are reporting KD's on my report each month. I received no prior dunning notice as they are claiming before reporting to the CRA's.

Thanks for responding.

Message 50 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.