cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another One Bites the Dust!! Goodwill Letter Worked!!

tag
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

Another One Bites the Dust!! Goodwill Letter Worked!!

Okay, so I had an account with Bryant State Bank (Show Mastercard) that I included in my 2010 BK13, which was dismissed 13 months after filing it because I couldn't keep up the payments.  Bryant had sent this to LHR for collections, but they had removed it from my credit report a couple of years ago.  Bryant State Bank's original entry was still on my credit reports as a baddie because they noted it was charged off and sent to collections even though it had a $0 balance.  Last month I decided to send the below letter to them to see if I could get a goodwill removal of their tradeline in an ongoing effort to clean up my credit.  I initially had tried a PFD, which is why you see a previous letter being referenced in this one.  It took 2 subsequent letters because they misunderstood my intent, and kept referring me back to LHR, but today they finally figured it out and now they are going to delete their entry from my credit reports.  Yay me!!  I hope this helps somebody.

January 10, 2015

First Name Last Name

Address 1

Address 2

Mr. Michael Williams

Vice President Bryant State Bank

P.O. Box 5161

Sioux Falls, SD 57117-5161

Re: Show Mastercard Account Number xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Dear Mr. Williams: This letter is a follow-up to my previous letter dated December 13, 2014 in reference to the above captioned account being reported to Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. In December I sent a letter to your organization in an attempt settle the account. I received a response from L. Leonard dated December 24, 2014 informing me that this account had been purchased by LHR, Inc. and that I should contact them with any questions.

Now that I have been made aware that your organization no longer owns the account, I would like to request that Bryant State Bank remove their original entry from each of the three credit reporting agencies. LHR, Inc. has not reported this account on either of my three credit files since 2012. After going through several years of financial difficulty, I am now at a point where I’m able to re-establish my credit, and the removal of your trade line from my credit files would be a tremendous help in my efforts.

I am aware that Bryant State Bank is under no obligation to honor my request, however, if your organization no longer benefits from having that negative entry on my credit files (which was my reason for trying to settle with you), it is my sincere hope that you will see the rationale for my request to remove it.

Sincerely,

First Name Last Name

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Another One Bites the Dust!! Goodwill Letter Worked!!

Excellent GW letter!  I have saved a oopy so I can edit it and use it for some of my baddies.  Thanks for sharing it.

Message 2 of 3
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

Re: Another One Bites the Dust!! Goodwill Letter Worked!!

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

Excellent GW letter!  I have saved a oopy so I can edit it and use it for some of my baddies.  Thanks for sharing it.

Glad I could help.  That's why I posted it.  Good luck.

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.