Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Persons Debt on My Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Persons Debt on My Report

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit after defaulting on my student loans years ago. Right now, I have only one item in collections on my credit report, and it should not be there. I lived with my parents several years ago and had Time Warner Cable service. I decided to move out of state, but transferred my service to my father before leaving. Now I have a debt on my report that I did not leave with Time Warner Cable.

I successfully disputed this in 2012 and it was removed from my report. This debt was recently placed on my credit report again this year. I tried to dispute the debt again but they denied the request and it is still there. Both times that I disputed the debt, I disputed under not my debt.

I contacted the credit company, Enhanced Recovery, and they had very little information to offer me about the debt. They only have the amount, the original creditors name and the date the first payment was missed. I asked if they have the service address or any other information and they said no, they have very little information. Now I am not sure if I should write or call Time Warner Cable to dispute this with them or dispute the debt with Enhanced Recovery again under a different reason. Are they required to have more information about the debt?

My next step was going to be calling Time Warner Cable, but I thought I would ask here first.

What should I do?

Thank you for any help.

CJ 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Another Persons Debt on My Report

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit after defaulting on my student loans years ago. Right now, I have only one item in collections on my credit report, and it should not be there. I lived with my parents several years ago and had Time Warner Cable service. I decided to move out of state, but transferred my service to my father before leaving. Now I have a debt on my report that I did not leave with Time Warner Cable.

I successfully disputed this in 2012 and it was removed from my report. This debt was recently placed on my credit report again this year. I tried to dispute the debt again but they denied the request and it is still there. Both times that I disputed the debt, I disputed under not my debt.

I contacted the credit company, Enhanced Recovery, and they had very little information to offer me about the debt. They only have the amount, the original creditors name and the date the first payment was missed. I asked if they have the service address or any other information and they said no, they have very little information. Now I am not sure if I should write or call Time Warner Cable to dispute this with them or dispute the debt with Enhanced Recovery again under a different reason. Are they required to have more information about the debt?

My next step was going to be calling Time Warner Cable, but I thought I would ask here first.

What should I do?

Thank you for any help.

CJ 

If you have the transfer in writing send a copy of it to the CRAs along with an intent to sue letter for violations of the FCRA if its not immediately deleted.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Persons Debt on My Report

I would call Time Warner Cable and ask if this account was not transferred. If so why is it on your credit. See what they ssy. If they say it was transferred then ask them to mail you something stating that.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.