Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Possible Midlands GW Success Story

tag
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Another Possible Midlands GW Success Story

I've been writing GW letters and e-mails to Midland for a paid Verizon collection from 2008. Today I received a phone call from a lady from Midland and she informed me they would remove my collection. She said she would go ahead and send me a later confirming this in writing. I know nothing is set in stone until I get the letter and it's officially removed -- but this is tangible evidence that I am finally fixing this thing. I genuinely believe I'm on the right path now. Removal of this collection would be a HUGE step in the right direction.

MyFico assisting me in getting the life I always wanted. Thanks everyone!!!!

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Another Possible Midlands GW Success Story

Congrats!

Message 2 of 5
timkrof
Contributor

Congrats on the hard work paying off!  I have a paid collection with my Midland, do you have any advice or info you could share with me how to try to get it removed from my  credit reports?

Message 3 of 5
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Hey Tim, try looking up "good will letters" on the search here on the MyFico. You'll want to personalize it a little to fit your specific situation. But you can get a basic idea of what to write. Then send them it to them (they have a posted address on their official website). Sometimes multiple letters are needed. Or you can try other avenues of communication such as email and phone calls.

Good luck, it'll happen for you!

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@mAndrew1980 wrote:

Hey Tim, try looking up "good will letters" on the search here on the MyFico. You'll want to personalize it a little to fit your specific situation. But you can get a basic idea of what to write. Then send them it to them (they have a posted address on their official website). Sometimes multiple letters are needed. Or you can try other avenues of communication such as email and phone calls.

Good luck, it'll happen for you!

Here is a brand new thread talking about GW letter Q&A, Examples, and GW Success Stories that might be helpful.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.