Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Success Story

tag
odjohnson3
Regular Contributor

Another Success Story

I just want to encourage anyone fighting to have late reportings from capital one to keep up the good fight. I sent a total of 4 emails and 4 physical letters and I got a late from December 2014 removed. They said they would send a letter stating they agreed to remove the late but after checking my credit reports it was already removed within 10 days. The goodwill letter is what got me my break and I used the same letter every email and every time I sent a physical letter. I had 2-3 calls before saying there was nothing that could be done and then.....I got the call I was waiting for. I sent the letters every 2 or 2.5 weeks...normally a few days after the denile. I didnt get mail correspondance...I got a phone call....So for anyone out there trying to get capital one lates removed.....Just say persistent and dont give up. The power is in the hands of the rep you get.

Good Luck

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
woithk1

Re: Another Success Story

Thanks for the support and info on this one.  I have called Captial One and they did a dispute over the phone.  I was denied any "goodwill" at that point.  I am working on doing the "goodwill" letters in the mail.  I noticed you said you had emailed them, do you by chance know if the mail letter or the email letter is the one that was successful?

Can you also share the emais if possible?

Message 2 of 5
odjohnson3
Regular Contributor

im almost certain it was the email. I say that only because I emailed the same email address for another matter and was also contacted via phone call. I cant share links on this post but I can PM it to you. It should be the same one that comes up when you google capital one ceo email

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If possible please PM me the email you used. I've sent a few GW's and called a few times but I'm not giving up! 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you possiby PM me the email address you used?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.