Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another YAY thread

tag
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

Another YAY thread

So as of today all of my collections are gone due to GW/DV/DISPUTE Smiley Happy))))

I have two student loan defaulted BUT taking the advice of this forum I am participating in a rehab prog. I will be finished with that on Nov 18th.

Now all I have left is 2 charged off CC accounts with GECRB (old navy, paypal) and some lates from mohela/fed loan/chase

I have GW'd them all but GECRB won't respond, mohela and fedloan say they are reporting accurately, and chase replied "we are looking into this further"

My questions -
1) Does anyone have good contact info advice for GECRB/ FEDLOAN/ MOHELA?

2) what results can I reasonably expect from the loan rehab completion of 2 student loans that defaulted and contained 30/60/90/120 lates.

3) I have one secured CC that reports as secured with a 300 limit and 2% util. Should I get another CC?
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Another YAY thread

Congrats

Message 2 of 7
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! Ideally 2-3 revolving accounts for maximum score growth.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 3 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  I don't have a contact for GECRB but hopefully someone will chime in here.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Woo Hoo!! Collections Gone GoneGone!!Smiley Happy   bye bye.

Your questions....

1) don't know of any contacts, sorry.Keep looking for them.

2)  I don't know for sure but, I've read, if you go thru the Fed Rehab program pay as agreed, they will take it out of default, delete the CA and clear all negs like it never happened. You may need to post this question on the student loan board. Oh wait a minute, I see you're in a rehab program...Have you asked if they will delete?if not, ask how they will report after you finished paying.

3)to get the best answer,Start another thread,along with your CS's and post if this is. your only CC or do you have more CC's.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 7
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

GECRB seems tough to get a good contact for- which is weird because of their size.

Student loan situation
Oklahoma student loan org. Owned 2 loans for me I truly never knew existed- I know where they came from and when just never knew that OSLA had a loan in my name. Anyways a few 120's later and they default the loan and mark it paid closed/default. Now Arkansas student loan guarantor picks it up (federal loan company correct?) they now report collection account seriously past due- I never paid them anything either due to the fact I didn't know it existed. They have a few 30/60/90/120's also reporting.

I learned of both of these TL's by running my report. I know from this site loan rehab is a good option so I contacted AR SLGF and asked them about it- they are ridiculously rude but sent me to pioneer credit to rehab the loan. Pioneer has been Amazing.

My 9th payment is nov 18th and I've already got direct loans buying the two accounts when my rehab is completed.

Just curious as to what my CR's will look like after all the smoke clears. And how much it will effect my score.

Also I have one secured CC through my bank. And it is my one and only CC.

As far as my credit scores go- last time I checked them (3 months ago) I was sitting around 550 with all 3- this is before any of my collections had been deleted. I'll update the scores when they post next month and also after all this loan rehab business.
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 6 of 7
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

Just to clarify the 3 month pull was for the legitimate scores-

My experian fako is 579 my credit karma is 562 and vantage is 599- as of yesterday
But they are All fake I know
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.