Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another batch of GWs to B of A

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another batch of GWs to B of A

This might be my last hail mary. I just sent out a GW to B of A to try and get them to delete a CC account that is listed as "settled for less." Sent copies to 3 different addresses and one to the CEO. I have very little hope but I figure I got 7 years to wait around for it to disappear so why not? I got my odds pegged at about 99 to 1. Anyone have any success with B of A?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Another batch of GWs to B of A

kahuna wrote:
This might be my last hail mary. I just sent out a GW to B of A to try and get them to delete a CC account that is listed as "settled for less." Sent copies to 3 different addresses and one to the CEO. I have very little hope but I figure I got 7 years to wait around for it to disappear so why not? I got my odds pegged at about 99 to 1. Anyone have any success with B of A?

Look up at the scoreboard....it is only the end of first quarter.

Try also all the other corp. officers. Find more addresses if needed. Have you tried calling them?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried once on the phone and got the usual "it's against the law for us to remove accurate information" line and that's why I decided to try the GW.  I figure I'll wait for about another month to see if anything happens and then maybe unleash another barrage.  I really want to position myself to buy a house next year so I'll keep at it at least until then.  Still....it's real frustrating to keep hearing "no".
Message 3 of 12
uktaurusbulba
Contributor

Any luck on those BOA goodwills? They are a big concern for me too. I have tried goodwilling once and got no success. I also tried a pfd on one and that didnt work out too. Gonna keep trying and maybe sending to different addresses.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did it last week so I haven't heard anything yet of course. I'm sure it will be at least 30 days or so. I don't have high hopes but there is nothing else I can do at this point.
Message 5 of 12
marty56
Super Contributor

kahuna wrote:
I tried once on the phone and got the usual "it's against the law for us to remove accurate information" line and that's why I decided to try the GW.
Same with me.  I didnt send a GW since I know they wont do it and they account is still open even though it was supposed to be closed when I went into DMP.  My luck they would close the account and not remove the lates.  4 more years.  I can wait.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a call from someone in the CEO's office. Denied. Same baloney about how they are lawfully required to report the info to the credit bureau. I think I'm done with them for now at least. This really stinks.
Message 7 of 12
andrew783
Established Member

Just keep trying... I received today another 30day deletion letter from B of A, on my second batch of letters. Keep sending, dont get discouraged... Worst thing they can say no, but on a good day for the person reading and you get your wish... GL!
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could be wrong here but I think it is easier to get a 30 day late removed than to do what I am trying to do, which is to get an entire account removed.....especially when it is a "settled for less" account.  I sent the last Gw's to 4 different addresses so I'm not completely dead yet.  Still, I do recall reading a thread here from a guy who had a GW work for my situation.
Message 9 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I have tried several times to GW BOA, and always get back the same, standard letter saying that it is "illegal" for them to remove a legitimately reported derog.
I wou8ld place your chances at near zero, if this is their standard practice, which it apparently is.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.