cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another dispute question...what a headache!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another dispute question...what a headache!

I have an old collection account (I'm not proud of it, so please no lectures) that I disputed through the collection agency in order to help improve my credit and get approved for a mortgage.  Now my score is where it needs to be, but I can't get approved because of these dispute comments on my report!

I called the CA to request a letter stating they would delete verbage on the account, but they won't budge! And I've called TransUnion and they told me that they can only dispute it with the OC, but can't add or delete anything to the account?!

It's one thing after another.  I think I may have a nervous breakdown.  Any advice?  Or am I out of luck?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
creditchild
Regular Contributor

Re: Another dispute question...what a headache!

hey larry i just pm'd you

Message 2 of 8
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

I am forseeing this to be a problem in the very near future for me, so would you mind PMing the info as well

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

How did you file your dispute?  Did you file it through the CRA under FCRA 611(a), or directly with the debt collector under FCRA 623(a)(8)?

Different processes with regard to CRA involvement.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent the CA a PFD 6 months ago.  I have since called them and told them I am no longer disputing this account and requested them to change how they are reporting to the credit bureaus.  They simply replied and repeated "no".  That was the end of the conversation.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called TransUnion (3 times actually) and their only solution is to file a dispute regarding the dispute remarks the CA is reporting?  What they don't seem to understand is that the CA refuses to change the remarks.  They're goal is to be a huge pain in the ass, so of course their not going to agree to change the remarks!

I also sent the CA and TU a letter stating that I do NOT dispute the account info...but I doubt that will be enough.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know another way around this?  This is really frustrating.  How does Rapid Rescore work?

Thanks for any help.

Message 7 of 8
helaurin
New Contributor

I went through this a year ago when I was applying for a mortgage.  My understanding then was that the comments can be there, but the dispute has a "flag" on it to indicate if it is still in open dispute or not.  If you have anything in dispute, you can't move forward with the mortgage comments.

So I had to open disputes to close the disputes with each credit reporting agency.   That worked.

The downside?  Was the just enough time had passed that when my lender re-ran my credit report, due to the multiple inquiries over the extended period of time between the mortgage application initiation and the final credit reports being obtained just a couple weeks before settlement, my scores dropped, causing me to have to pay substantially more for my mortgage fees.

Starting Score: 2014 775
Current Score: 822
Goal Score: 840

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.