cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another judgement gone! I am almost done being judged!

tag
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Another judgement gone! I am almost done being judged!

About 2 months back (I have 3 current ongoing garnishments) I received a letter, normal every 3rd month thing since garnishments work in 3 month lengths.  Updated me that I only had 254 left to pay off before that garnishment was done.  Excited!  So I had 2 partially paid off and 1 almost fully paid off.

2 months later, about 3 days ago, 2 letters in the mail.  I nkew what one was right off because it was from my own, the other had nothing but my address on it, thought that was kind of weird.

Turns out both were the exact same thing, one from Johnson Mark (or Asset Acceptance I forget off hand) and one from my employer letting me know garnishment was case number 6684 was paid off and I owed no more money.

I show my wife, were both excited, trying to get things in order for a house application.

I go to file it with my massive pile of very well organized papers and realize, this isnt the case number for the garnishment that said I only owed 254, this was a different case number for my original capital one!  So not only did one judgement get fully paid off but another is under 300 dollars!  Which means I owe less than 2500 total to judgements!  With them taking out 350 or so a month it should be paid off right around end of year!

Kinda excited Smiley Happy  Just sharing.

I did try to call and make payment on the 254 owed but good lord, I gave up on that.  People dont answer calls, transfer you, say its not their deparment.  Because as I am sure some people in the world may know (but I didnt) that just because they own my debt, doesnt mean they can accept payment!  Semed stupid that a lawyer firm hires a collection agency who in turn hires a different laywer firm to handle the money processing.  But whatever Smiley Happy  Almost done!

The one and only drawback, all garnishments except 1 have fallen off my credit report.   The only judgement left on my report, is a satisfied paid in full judgement that was updated in 2013!  Soooo annoying!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another judgement gone! I am almost done being judged!

Awesome! Congrats on all your hard work!

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Another judgement gone! I am almost done being judged!

Grats! Nice to see!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.