Some good instructions, advice, sample letters, etc

Just thought I'd share.

Starting Score: EX:602 EQ:608 TU:604
Current Score: EX:602 EQ:608 TU:604
Goal Score: EX:700 EQ:700 TU:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
pizzadude

Re: Another useful site

This site offers FAKO scores so just be aware that the advice may not help your FICO® score.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: Another useful site

I agree, there are many sites out there that give decent credit advice, but many more, in my experience, that dont.

A lot depends upon the independence and lack of commercial interest of the site.  Many are up and running to solicit business.

In the years that I have been on this site, I dont recall any interjection of commercial interest by Fair Isaac on what is said on this site.

I have also spent time on several other credit forums, and can say from experience that the knowledge base and objectivity of those who post on this site is heads above that of any site I have ever viewed, with one possible exception, and that site is devoted almost exclusively to heavy legal issues, and participants are almost all members of the bar.

Not really consumer-oriented.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}