Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answer or Ignore?

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Answer or Ignore?

You don't need to ask specifically about your debt, just a general question if they consider PFDs.

A debt can also be paid with no acknowledgment of owning it at all.  Some like I neither acknowledge nor dispute the debt but in the spirit of compromise I will pay to have it deleted.

Message 11 of 16
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

I see...I guess I''m just afraid and avoiding them until I can pay. I'm about a week out. I hear such horror stories about Portfolio.

So, you say call and ask a general question re PFD? Then what? "Ok, thanks" and hang up? I always thought PFD was done on a case by case basis. Sometimes, it works for some but not all. I suspect I will get an unintelligible response followed by repeat requests to provide more specific information.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 12 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Some have a company policy never to do a PFD, others are case by case.  Just calling and getting a feel for what they may do is what I was suggesting.

They may say not ever or it depends.

Message 13 of 16
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Well, if they were to say "not ever" it would be a blatant lie. There are several postings re Portfolio accepting a PFD. So, I don't think I need to have that exchange with them. Besides, its probably pointless since I am not ready today. I think the response I receive will depend on how the person feels at that time. I don't have time to play games with them. I just want to get it resolved in the best possible way for my credit.

@ guiness56: Please don't misunderstand what I am saying. You give good advice and I am grateful for the times you have advised me.

I'm just frustrated. Smiley Frustrated

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 14 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I'm not offended so don't worry lol.

It was just general advice and not directed at Portfolio since I wasn't aware that is who you were referring to.

Message 15 of 16
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Oh okay. I started off speaking of Portfolio but didn't continue as the thread grew...sorry

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.