Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Advice?

My issue is not as much bad credit, it’s no credit, let me explain. Back in May I filed chapter 7, it discharged in August. Since then I have been trying to build my score. I’ve had a self lender account for 3 months but they are only reporting 1 payment, capital one turned me down, the SCT doesn’t work for me. I’m with NFCU, but I’m scared to apply for a CC just to get declined and have that inquiry on my reports. Any advice you have would be appreciated

my TU is 571

My EQ is 568

my EX is 550

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Advice?

What's your reported utilization on your credit card?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No credit card so it shows 'no data' for utilization .

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check Discover prequalify to see if you can get a secured card there.

Message 4 of 11
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Also Open Sky has a secured card with no credit check and it reports regularly. Also NFCu has one as well if you get the chance to check with them. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My issue is not as much bad credit, it’s no credit, let me explain. Back in May I filed chapter 7, it discharged in August. Since then I have been trying to build my score. I’ve had a self lender account for 3 months but they are only reporting 1 payment, capital one turned me down, the SCT doesn’t work for me. I’m with NFCU, but I’m scared to apply for a CC just to get declined and have that inquiry on my reports. Any advice you have would be appreciated

my TU is 571

My EQ is 568

my EX is 550

Start out with a couple of secured cards. Discover secured is a shoe-in if you did not burn them in the BK, and I would suggest opening an account with SDFCU and get a secured card from them as well.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use the Discover scorecard. where do i prequalify? 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you very much!

Message 9 of 11
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

my TU is 571

My EQ is 568

my EX is 550

I've read that NFCU is now wanting a year post BK, before they'll extend you credit of any kind. I'd go into a branch and talk to a representative directly, and see if you have any pre-qualification available. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.