Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Creative GW Ideas??

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Any Creative GW Ideas??

I have 4 baddies left on all three reports....and two additional (Midland still on TU only and Nationwide on EX only).  

I have been e-mailing and snailmailing GW letters to Capital One EO and FCO.  The letters are personalized (and honest), During the holiday season, I used holiday paper and envelopes.  I was thinking about sending a starbucks gift card with the next round of letters. I took a break after the holiday letters and now I am ready to go again. Any creative or new attention grabbing ideas to help with my GW mission?  

Honestly, I think it will all be timing with Cap1 (2 Charge Offs fall off late 2015)...actually one is HSBC; I heard a different group is handling the HSBC accounts. Anyone hear that? As for the other two collections (both with FCO), I am thinking I need to get hold of the RIGHT person. Who is the CEO of FCO?!?! I can't find anything on google. LOL

Sorry for the rant! I am looking for ANY new or creative GW techniques. Thanks in advance. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Creative GW Ideas??

As we all know GW is all about talking to the right person at the right time.  I focused on finding the "right" person to contact at FCO.  I searched Google, Facebook. LinkedIn and I was able to find contact information for the owner. Social media applications will make it easier for us to find the "right" person.

Needless to say, I emailed him last night...we shall see.

Message 2 of 14
abzze
Valued Member

My cap one story:

Sent secure mail, snailmail and email to CEO.
One of them (most likely email to CEO) triggered a call from EO. The guy said we are looking into your request and a committee will make the decision and we'll let you know.

Didn't get any calls for 2 weeks so called the guy back. He said we haven't received any updates we'll let you know as soon as we do.

Got a call next day, he said sorry we can't make the adjustment. I said I have heard cap one does to GW. He said yes every case is different and we review case by case.

Message 3 of 14
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the post. i heard back 2 or 3 times from response to CEO email. I think they must have a standard call back in 48 hours deal or something. I will keep plugging away and try to get the right person. 

Message 4 of 14
abzze
Valued Member

Do you change something when you re-email the CEO?

I have only sent one email so far.

Don't know how to proceed. Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If a charge-off, try this approach....

Reporting of a charge-off is essentially their placement in your credit file of their determination at a point in time that you are not expected to pay the debt.

In financial jargon, they have held the debt to have become "uncollectible," thus permitting them to remove the debt as a receivable asset, and thus obtain a tax break.

By paying a debt that was previously charged-off, that technically does not change their prior determination.

However, it does show that it was never your intent to stiff the debt, but rather that you were going thru some temporary bad times, and when you were finally able, you met your obligation.

Thus, it can be argued that the continued showing of the CO infers that you are a consumer who does not pay their debt.

Deletion of the CO can thus be argued to paint a more accurate view of you as a consumer who does pay their obligated debt.

Message 6 of 14
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Thanks Robert,  

I think I will change the language in my goodwill letter to include what you suggest....especially since I am a current Capital One customer and I haven't been delinquent in over two years now. 

I usually update the communication to include the outcome of the last attempt and more current personal finance information. I just sent a message last night, so we shall see.

Message 7 of 14
LadyLeah
Contributor

Robert, although I don't have any C/O issues, I have to say I really liked your suggestion. Good stuff. I can use that approach in other areas. Thanks!

Starting Score: 529 EQ | 551 TU | 614 EX | 579 TU FAKO as of 1/12/14
Current Score: 621 EQ | ??? TU | 614 EX | 618 TU FAKO as of 6/23/14
Short Term Goal Score: 650 across the board by 12/31/14

Long Term Goal Score: 720+ across the board by 6/30/15

Message 8 of 14
abzze
Valued Member

Great idea!

I don't have a charge off. All I have are 3 30 days late 2 in 2010 and 1 in 2011.

ideas?

Message 9 of 14
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@abzze wrote:

Great idea!

I don't have a charge off. All I have are 3 30 days late 2 in 2010 and 1 in 2011.

ideas?

Are you still a Cap1 customer? If so, I would mention your recent responsible actions with regard to credit and the importance of your relationship with Cap1.....

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.