cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Feed back would be great!!

tag
AliFish2373

Any Feed back would be great!!

Hello I am new to this forum and a little bit about my situation.

I am newly remarried as of last Aug, My last marriage my ex would always tell me to WAIT to pay bills.  Needless to say my credit was a mess.  I had filed bankrupcy in 2002, and yes its off now, thank good ness.  My new problem is state tax lien!!  I bought a new 2012 Chevy Cruze in Feb 2012, no problems.  In November I pulled my credit report and saw 2 tax liens!!  I immediately contacted the attorney generals office in Ohio and was told to get copies of my 2007 and 2009 W2's.  I finally was able to get duplicates from my employer by Jan 2013, my ex stayed home with the kids so didnt have to worry about his W2's and since we divorced I had no idea where my old tax papers were anymore.  Finally in May 2013 I got word it was all taken care of and the $1600 I had owed was adjusted and I was given a check back for $900.  I just went to my counties clerk of courts today and paid the fee, since i had to liens it was about $76.  The nice lady made me 4 copies of each lien so that I had a copy and then one for each of the CRA.  I am planning on mailing a letter to the 3 CRA's today and wondered what I should even write in the letter.  Anyone have any templates or anything.  I really want this removed.  We joined life lock in May 2013 and my score is showing 566.  I want to buy a house and land soon and I need this to bounce back.  My husbands score is 720.  We just need my income to help with the purchase since he has lots of debt we are still working on attacking from his previous marriage.  Any ideas from anyone is  greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
aces33
New Contributor

Re: Any Feed back would be great!!

Honestly i think you're better off paying down his debt. DTI is what mortgage companies look at. His score may be high but he has other obligations which are eating up his pay.

Message 2 of 6
AliFish2373

Honestly.  We make $9500 a month together.  Thats our bring home.  Our outgoing monthly  billsincluding his current mortgage from his 1st marriage and 2 cars and credit cards is only about $4000-4500.  So we have plenty left over to attack his debt which we have been doing.  He has looked already to see if he could get approved for another mortgage but he can only get approved for $100k so this is why we need my income to help.  We listen to Dave Ramsey and get lots of ideas from him, ours is tweaked a bit though.  I know we could be debt free minus a mortgage in less than 2 yrs if we stuck to it hard core.  But we do like to spend as well but have cut back alot.  

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@AliFish2373 wrote:

I am newly remarried as of last Aug, My last marriage my ex would always tell me to WAIT to pay bills.  Needless to say my credit was a mess.  I had filed bankrupcy in 2002, and yes its off now, thank good ness.  My new problem is state tax lien!!  I bought a new 2012 Chevy Cruze in Feb 2012, no problems.  In November I pulled my credit report and saw 2 tax liens!!  I immediately contacted the attorney generals office in Ohio and was told to get copies of my 2007 and 2009 W2's.  I finally was able to get duplicates from my employer by Jan 2013, my ex stayed home with the kids so didnt have to worry about his W2's and since we divorced I had no idea where my old tax papers were anymore.  Finally in May 2013 I got word it was all taken care of and the $1600 I had owed was adjusted and I was given a check back for $900.  I just went to my counties clerk of courts today and paid the fee, since i had to liens it was about $76.  The nice lady made me 4 copies of each lien so that I had a copy and then one for each of the CRA.  I am planning on mailing a letter to the 3 CRA's today and wondered what I should even write in the letter.  Anyone have any templates or anything.  I really want this removed.  We joined life lock in May 2013 and my score is showing 566.  I want to buy a house and land soon and I need this to bounce back.  My husbands score is 720.  We just need my income to help with the purchase since he has lots of debt we are still working on attacking from his previous marriage.  Any ideas from anyone is  greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

I think Ohio will vacate paid tax liens.  Check your state statutes.

Besides the tax liens, what else is on your report that could be holding your score down?  Collections, Charge offs etc?

Message 4 of 6
AliFish2373

I had 3 collections all less than $1000 total

@guiness56 wrote:

@AliFish2373 wrote:

Thanks!!!

I think Ohio will vacate paid tax liens.  Check your state statutes.

Besides the tax liens, what else is on your report that could be holding your score down?  Collections, Charge offs etc?

.  I took care of these as soon as I saw them.  So technically all has been taken care of officially now.  Just need the credit score to bounce back up.  :-)

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Since the collections are paid, send the CAs GW letters asking if they will remove them.

A paid collection is scored the same as an unpaid one and still hurts your score.

Do you have any credit cards?  Can you be added as an AU on any?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.