Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Help with GW for Chase or Capital One/Portfolio Recovery

tag
Patrickdboston
Established Member

Any Help with GW for Chase or Capital One/Portfolio Recovery

I have been following this forum for a little bit. I have a couple of negative marks on my Credit from 3 years ago. Chase bank credit card that had a 90 day late that I ended up paying in full. Also a Capital One card that was charged off for 1600 and then sold to Portfolio Recovery which I ended up settling on a for 800.00.   I tried the GW approach to an executive at Chase but was called back by a secretary telling me that it was reported correctly.  

I called Portfolio and a really nice lady told me that I needed to send a letter to the credit bureau and say that I have fulfilled my financial obligation and that would work, which it didn't.  I did speak to someone at Capital One and they told me that they would send a dispute off and it would be gone. That was a month ago with no success so I kind of feel I feel I was just lied to in order to get me off the phone. I have had two Capital One cards for just over two years that are perfect.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or contact info where I would have better luck? Im trying not to get discouraged. 

EQ 668 EX 680 TU 680 Fico 656 - 4/23/12
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kscb321
Established Member

Re: Any Help with GW for Chase or Capital One/Portfolio Recovery

I'm also looking for good contact info for chase. I started a thread. If you get any info let me know and I will let you know if I get any contact info. I'm also trying to get some lates deleted with no luck so far....

Starting Score: TU: 675 EX: 721 EQ:661
Current Score: TU: 698 EX: 721 EQ: 703
Goal Score: TU, EX, EQ: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone receives any chase contact. Please let me know as well. Thanks and best to all of you.

Message 3 of 5
mpresiv1

Just PMed patrickboston he can pm the rest of you guys

Message 4 of 5
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

If you paid the capital one to portfolio ( im working with them now unfortunately) they will not remove it. after the debt is paid wait about a week or two then dispute it with all credit bureaus and most likely since you paid they might not spend the time researching your account and will let it drop off your credit report due to the 30 day policy. Im going to try it, i just paid them now so well see what they say. It worked with unifund collection (citi bank). Now they are a strict collection agency. No settling nothing they wanted every penney, i said no, they took my a$$ to court lol. So had to pay every penney. Its still my fault but i thought they would settle since it was from 2008 but i guess not.

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.