Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Ideas

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any Ideas

My husband and I are car shopping. His Score is a 640-660. We want to get it up some wishful thinking into the 700's. I know thats a big leap. He has no negatives on his report. His credit history is farily new. He has a mortgage 6 months old, a 2k CC with Wells, a 1500 CC with Saks, A $1k CC with Walmart and a $1k CC or CL with Care Credit. We have just paid them all except Care Credit to a 30% Utilization. Care Credit hasnt been used. All cards except Wells are new being just 3 months old. Any suggestions on what we should do to beef up his score before going car shopping ?We want to start in April.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Ideas

Allow just one of his cards to report <10% of its limit, all others report $0. Other than that the only thing thats going to help is time. Those accounts need to 'bake' for at least six months or so...

Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any Ideas

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband and I are car shopping. His Score is a 640-660. We want to get it up some wishful thinking into the 700's. I know thats a big leap. He has no negatives on his report. His credit history is farily new. He has a mortgage 6 months old, a 2k CC with Wells, a 1500 CC with Saks, A $1k CC with Walmart and a $1k CC or CL with Care Credit. We have just paid them all except Care Credit to a 30% Utilization. Care Credit hasnt been used. All cards except Wells are new being just 3 months old. Any suggestions on what we should do to beef up his score before going car shopping ?We want to start in April.

You want at minimum 3 bankcards (major CCs), the biggest problem now is the age of the credit history, its new so time is the only thing that is really going to help. I would not app for those bankcards until after getting your car loan, there isnt enough time for them to really help if he is going to buy a car in April. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.