Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Info!! OC and CA

tag
terrymac
New Contributor

Any Info!! OC and CA

Hello everyone,

I just joined a couple of days ago and  have been reading some of the great info on offer to rebuild credit. I hope someone will be able to help me with the question I have.  I have an old (2007) account with Dell that went into delinguency for $2280. What I don't understand is, I also have a CA calling me for the same account, but Dell is not showing a $0 balance. Can they do this? I am willing to settle the account because I would love to purchase a house in Spring 2012. The problem is whom to call. Dell (OC) or the CA?

I also have a judgement on my report which has been paid and will be falling off in 2013.  A collection that was paid a month after the due date last year that is still on my report.  Is there anything I can do about getting these off my report? I know the judgement will prob have to stay, but what about the collection? I live overseas at the moment and was not aware of the bill, but paid it ASAP.

Any info/advise anyone can offer would be so appreciated. Thank you in advance!

06/02/2011 TU 614; EQ 614
07/01/2011 TU 616; EQ 615
07/08/2011 EQ 625
08/08/2011 EQ 644; TU 621
09/16/2011 EQ 678
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any Info!! OC and CA

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Dell probably assigned the debt to a CA for collection. I'd call neither and would send a PFD to Dell.

If the collection is a CA, then send a GW asking for deletion.

I never dealt with a PR, though some have had theirs successfully removed by asking the plaintiff's attorney to file to have the court remove it. Deferring to others per the details.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.