cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Success Removing Mortgage Tradeline From Reports After PIF?

tag
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Any Success Removing Mortgage Tradeline From Reports After PIF?

So our home just went on the market and I am pretty confident it will sell quickly. I have had 0 success in getting Wells Fargo to goodwill adjust my late marks. I wonder if there is any strategy I can employ to have them remove the tradeline entirely once the loan is paid in full. Certainly a long shot just like the goodwill requests?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Success Removing Mortgage Tradeline From Reports After PIF?

I'm thinking it is a long shot, unfortunately. But, that doesn't mean impossible. Who knows, they may be more inclined to do it after it is paid. I'd keep trying, as you have nothing to lose. Best of luck getting it to work!!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 9
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I started looking at my late marks and comparing when I made payments on my account. It is possible they made a mistake on the reporting or at least when they applied funds. I will call this morning and have them walk through wach month and how it is reported.

So a 30 day late in February on my CR means no payment was made in January?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AutoBot wrote:

I started looking at my late marks and comparing when I made payments on my account. It is possible they made a mistake on the reporting or at least when they applied funds. I will call this morning and have them walk through wach month and how it is reported.

Yes, that would be correct.

How old are the lates? How "late" are they?

Message 4 of 9
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AutoBot wrote:

Yes, that would be correct.

How old are the lates? How "late" are they?

I have a 180 day late on my mortgage, which is why I have been trying to hard for a GW adjustment. I don't have a good reason, but I do have a good circumstance that led to hard decisions that had to be made.  It was the biggest regret I have made in the history of me having credit. I won't be qualifying for a mortgage for another 3 years.  Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 9
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I did call Wells Fargo today and ask that the months with late marks be researched to make sure that 180 day is accurate. She opened up a case, but given my GW request history I am sure it will be closed quickly.

I assume they are reporting correctly, but I do want them to take another look since this will adversly affect me for the next 3 years. A payment made in May and June is the timespan that I question the reporting.

Jan 2015 - payment missed 

Feb 2015 - 30 day late

Mar 2015 - 60 day late

Apr 2015 - 90 day late

May 2015 - 120 day late mark

May 2015 monthly payment made

June 2015 - 90 day late mark

June 2015 monthly payment made

July 2015 - 120 day late mark

Aug 2015 - 150 day late mark

Sep 2015 180 day late mark

Sept 2015 payment made bringing loan current

Message 6 of 9
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Maybe I am crazy, but should July have gone up +30 days if I made a payment in May and June? Smiley Indifferent

Jan 2015 - payment missed 

Feb 2015 - 30 day late

Mar 2015 - 60 day late

Apr 2015 - 90 day late

May 2015 - 120 day late mark

May 2015 monthly payment made

June 2015 - 90 day late mark

June 2015 monthly payment made

July 2015 - 120 day late mark

Aug 2015 - 150 day late mark

Sep 2015 180 day late mark

Sept 2015 payment made bringing loan current

Message 7 of 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

They may and I say may GW 1 or 2 but you have quite a few on there. Getting it removed entirely is gonna be an uphill battle and a steep hill at that. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 8 of 9
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I would be pretty excited to at least get the 180 day reduced.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.