Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Success Stories of Removing FCO from Credit Reports

tag
Duke84
Regular Contributor

Any Success Stories of Removing FCO from Credit Reports

I have a collection account from an old apartment that is about 3 years old. It was settled for less than the original balance, but I would like to try and get it removed from my reports. Has there been any success stories of FCO removing collections with GW letters?

I tried searching the forums, but it would appear that no one has been successful with FCO.

Any help would be appreciated!

Starting Score: EQ: 537, TU: 488, EX: 558 (8/2014)
Current F8 Score: EQ: 733, TU: 734, EX: 709 (4/2023)

Current Cards:

Store Cards:
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any Success Stories of Removing FCO from Credit Reports

They are tough. I have been unsuccessful. .mine is due to come off in 2017
Message 2 of 15
thejessulator
Valued Member

Message 3 of 15
Duke84
Regular Contributor

Many thanks for those links! it gives me hope that I can have this collection removed. I also managed to find the name of the President & Vice-President of the company. I will be sending GW letters to them today and hope that works.

Current Cards:

Store Cards:
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have sent letters and emails every which direction even to executive.   Renee always answers very rudely that it won't be deleted.   I did settle for about 200 less so I just emailed that I would be willing to make the difference up to pay in full if they would delete....hopefully I can have a good outcome.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

FCO does not delete items from credit if you wish to pay the full balance I can reopen but FCO will notify the bureaus to update the account as paid in full.

FCO complies with the FCRA and will update the account accordingly.

Please advise if you want the dispute removed and if you want the account reopened so you can pay the account in full.

What should I do?  It's due to come off beginning of 2017

Message 6 of 15
Duke84
Regular Contributor

Is that a response you received from FCO?

I don't think it wise to reopen the account. Especially if paying in full won't cause them to remove the collection off of your credit report.

Current Cards:

Store Cards:
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes immediate response. Obviously I am not going to reopen. ..I am just trying to come up with a good come back
Message 8 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

FCO does not delete items from credit if you wish to pay the full balance I can reopen but FCO will notify the bureaus to update the account as paid in full.

FCO complies with the FCRA and will update the account accordingly.

Please advise if you want the dispute removed and if you want the account reopened so you can pay the account in full.

What should I do?  It's due to come off beginning of 2017

I assume you tried the PFD and this is their response, if its past your states SOL let them sit for awhile, the older it gets the easier it gets to get a PFD as they know their options diminish every day moving forward in time.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had them on my report from an apartment balance owed in 2008. I never tried to goodwill them or do a pfd, but did settle the account last year (stupidly). I did try disputing it with the bureaus multiple times and it always came back verified. It fell off my reports last month thankfully, but it was on there the entire 7 years. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.