cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Suggestions how to deal with medical CA reporting 3 years later?

tag
hapagrrl
Regular Contributor

Any Suggestions how to deal with medical CA reporting 3 years later?

Hi,

I had a medical bill (that I didn't even know about to begin with! - seriously, I never got a normal bill, just a letter one day from a CA). Anyway, it went to collection, which I paid *immediately.*  At the time, the letter said that if I called and paid immediately, I'd only need to pay x amount - a "discount opportunity," they called it. That was over three years ago.

As of Jan. of last year, this started showing up on my CR!!!  :

I still have the CA's letter *and*  the confirmation number for my payment (including the date and time I paid it).  Is there anything at all I can do here? Would a GW letter help me?

I just don't understand -- why bother reporting it 3 years later?? And they never told me that it'd show up as an "account paid for less than full balance." What the??

This may not normally be a big deal, but I've been working insanely hard over the last 1.5+ years to clean up my old messes that this just seems like an un-necessary setback. Please help. 

Here's the item from my CR:

BRIDGEPORT FINANCIAL Address:  Account Number: 1111 WILLOW ST FL 2 695433 SAN JOSE, CA 95125 (408) 295-7085 Address Identification Number: 0191725126  Status:  Paid in settlement.  

Date Opened: 11/2007 Reported Since: 01/2010 Date of Status: 01/2010 Last Reported: 01/2010 Creditor's Statement:  Account legally paid in full for less than full balance.

Starting Score, 2011: TU 635, EQ 637, EX/FAKO 538
2014 (mortgage broker pull): TU 670, EQ 669, EX 674
2017 FICO 8: TU 730, EQ 732, EX 738 - Finally made the 700 club!
2021 FICO 8: TU 693 EQ 705 EX 690
I only have four cards, so not worth showing. $15,600 total CL.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Any Suggestions how to deal with medical CA reporting 3 years later?

Yes you are correct,send off a short and sweet GW letter.

Good Luck to You!! Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.