Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Suggestions

tag
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

Any Suggestions

Myfico score is 607.  I am waiting for a correction on 180 late student loan to go through.  It should be done within a couple of weeks and I will then apply for unsecured revolving credit.  I really do not want to go with a subprime card.  Any suggestions?  Once this is through all of my debt is less than 4000.  I have a secured 500 from a major bank that I use less than 5 percent.  I'm hoping my FICO goes up drastically, but hope is all I can wish for.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Ellifino
New Contributor

Re: Any Suggestions

Do you have a bank that you use for your regular banking?  Or a credit union?  Often banks are more lenient with you, if you go in, if they have an established relationship with you.

Fico Scores: EQ 742 (8/2014), TU 732 (8/2014), EX 731 (8/2014)
Starting Scores: EQ 593 (12/2011)
Goal Score: 750 on all three
My Wallet: Amex BCP $2000 / Chase Freedom $1000 / Chase Slate $2000 / AAFP Bank of America Cash Rewards $1000 / Capital One: $3300 / Amazon Store Card: $1100 / Target: $800 / Walmart: $850 / PayPal SmartConnect: $500
Message 2 of 4
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

Actually, that is who I have my secured card through, however they said I can not apply for 2 yrs, based on my old score and the history of the 180 day student loan.  However, opening it up and having my balance at less than 5 percent jumped my FICO 50 pts

Message 3 of 4
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

I did tell her that the 180 is being expunged, she said I have to wait for a stronger history based on what my previous application was.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.