cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Tips On Breaking Through The Wall With Capital One?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Any Tips On Breaking Through The Wall With Capital One?

So to keep this short, I wrote yet another good will letter in hopes that since Capital One seems to be changing their ways, they would consider removing a couple lates from 4-5 years ago...

I wrote a nice good will letter basically aknowledging that it was my fault that the payments were late and that I understand they are reporting "correctly" but could they make a goodwill adjustment and all I got back in the response letter was...

"We have confirmed the information we sent to the credit bureau was accurate. Once a month we send  information on the status of your account to the three credit bureaus as part of our normal monthly updates. If you have more questions about your credit report, contact them directly. Blah blah blah..."

Does anyone have any ideas or other addresses, emails to contact for this type of thing?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Any Tips On Breaking Through The Wall With Capital One?

Moving to rebuilding forum

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
KRAMathKY
New Contributor

Re: Any Tips On Breaking Through The Wall With Capital One?

@shane82388 wrote:

So to keep this short, I wrote yet another good will letter in hopes that since Capital One seems to be changing their ways, they would consider removing a couple lates from 4-5 years ago...

I wrote a nice good will letter basically aknowledging that it was my fault that the payments were late and that I understand they are reporting "correctly" but could they make a goodwill adjustment and all I got back in the response letter was...

"We have confirmed the information we sent to the credit bureau was accurate. Once a month we send  information on the status of your account to the three credit bureaus as part of our normal monthly updates. If you have more questions about your credit report, contact them directly. Blah blah blah..."

Does anyone have any ideas or other addresses, emails to contact for this type of thing?

CapOne will likely not remove the lates.  I've had no luck with them either.  I contacted their EO about this following a serious of family events that caused some missed payments.  While they did give me a CLI, they would not remove the lates.  

With that being said, if the lates were 30 and/or 60 days and are more than two years old then the lates are not really affecting your credit score.  Minor derogs lose their sting after two years.  Major derogs (90+ days) impact your score for the entire seven years.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.