Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated trying to rebuild

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated trying to rebuild

Not exactly sure where to start with this conversation but here we go. If you need any other information to help me out Ill be glad to provide if I can.

Last november I submitted 609 letters for 12 collections I currently have and after a month they was over half deleted and my score increased 30-40 points at that time but after 3 months they have reappeared on my 3 credit reports and they are the same companys and all. They are medical and cell phone collections what would my next step be to help remove these or should I call them up and try to do a PFD agreement. They are anywhere from 3 months to 4 yrs old with a total of around $2,100. 

I also have a vehicle and motorcycle repossossion on my credit report the vehicle is with capital 1 for the amount of around $11,000 dollars but they sent me a notice that they would accept $1,573 for a settlement and issue a 1099-C should I do this or try and dispute it. The motorcycle was with harley davidson for around $5,000 but its with a collection agency and they wanted the amount in full. SHOULD I PAY BOTH OR WHAT I NEED HELP PLEASE ?

My Credit scores are 570 Equifax, 585 TU, 621 Experian as of 3/13/2017

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any advice is GREATLY appreciated trying to rebuild

@Anonymous wrote:

Not exactly sure where to start with this conversation but here we go. If you need any other information to help me out Ill be glad to provide if I can.

Last november I submitted 609 letters for 12 collections I currently have and after a month they was over half deleted and my score increased 30-40 points at that time but after 3 months they have reappeared on my 3 credit reports and they are the same companys and all. They are medical and cell phone collections what would my next step be to help remove these or should I call them up and try to do a PFD agreement. They are anywhere from 3 months to 4 yrs old with a total of around $2,100. 

I also have a vehicle and motorcycle repossossion on my credit report the vehicle is with capital 1 for the amount of around $11,000 dollars but they sent me a notice that they would accept $1,573 for a settlement and issue a 1099-C should I do this or try and dispute it. The motorcycle was with harley davidson for around $5,000 but its with a collection agency and they wanted the amount in full. SHOULD I PAY BOTH OR WHAT I NEED HELP PLEASE ?

My Credit scores are 570 Equifax, 585 TU, 621 Experian as of 3/13/2017

First of all, what is the SOL in regards to the repos?   If you accept the settlement, then you have to fill our form 982 with the IRS to show insolvency so that you won't have all the differece between amount owed and amount paid considered  as income.  As for the collections, it is better to pay them if you can.  Disputing accounts that you know are yours only hurts your scores in the long run as they come back verified and updated.  If you don't have the money to pay for the repoed motorcyle then I would not contact the CA unless your outside the SOL and then you could negoitiate a settlement at that point. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you defaulted on a contract 7 yrs ago then they cant start the 7 years again, by reporting it again. 7yrs from the date that the contract was in default.

To be exact its 7yrs & 6months.

Usually companies report to credit companies, when they cant take it to court - so dont fall for that line.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

NewCreditHobby

These types of discussion are not allowed on the MyFICO forums.  It is an abuse of the credit dispute process to dispute accurate information on your credit reports.  Under our Credit Repair Guidelines:

The only credit repair discussions allowed in FICO Forums are ones that exchange information on how to correct or remove real errors from your credit report – not accurate information that you want to get rid of because it may be negatively affecting your credit score.

i have edited your post to reflect these guidelines and appreciate your future cooperation.  Thank you

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.