cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any advice on Cap One Charge Off Deletions?

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Any advice on Cap One Charge Off Deletions?

I've had absolutely no luck with Cap One on two PAID chargeoffs. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks! I sent another email to the CEO today, after about 6 months, since the last one. 

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Any advice on Cap One Charge Off Deletions?

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

I've had absolutely no luck with Cap One on two PAID chargeoffs. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks! I sent another email to the CEO today, after about 6 months, since the last one. 

All you can do with Cap1 is keep trying, best success is in its last year of reporting. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I been trying to get lates removed with them and had Two GW's denied so far. 

Message 3 of 6
Tigremalo2001
New Contributor

They lied to me and forced me to pay full amount of charged off with the promise of removal. So far, nothing has been deleted and I called them and spoke with another higher dept. In fact, even after fully paying the account $453 they are continuing to add negative reporting to the account. I am almost tempted to accused them of fraud. 

Starting FICO scores 5/2017--- 580 EQ/ 531 TU/535 EXperian

As of 12/29/17 Curent FICO ----691 EQ/ 666 TU/ 686 Experian
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If an owner agrees to delete their reporting as a part of your negotiation with them, and you then accept and pay the debt, their agreement becomes an enforceable contract provision.   You can sue them for breach of contract.

Message 5 of 6
rs02
Established Member

Deal with the credit bureaus directly.  Send out 609 letters.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.